From Russia with Love

MooNFish

Feb 2, 2012
Russia
Hello everyone :wave: I am from Russia, Tomsk. Well actually I was born in Kazakhstan but who cares=) Anyway, I begun to build paper models few years ago and my first model was a bit hard model of Gregg the Reaper. I never played that game, but I like the model). After that I found that there are thousands of papercraft sites with interesting models.
For now I have built about 40 models. Few days ago I bought some professional tools and going to make even more :cool:

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum. It is great to have another Russian speaking person here, (I don't speak Russian but I look forward to seeing your work. Welcome aboard!

MooNFish

Feb 2, 2012
Russia
thnks =)
Unfortunatly right now I don't have time for papercraft. I'm searching interesting models to build them this summer :rolleyes:

Z

Zathros

Anything in particular? There's a nice Ekranoplan in the Downloads Section". You will have to make 10 posts to get to it, but that won't be hard to do. It is an ESKA Ekranolyet.

MooNFish

Feb 2, 2012
Russia
2 Zathros
Oh, I have many ideas :mrgreen: but I will listen all options.
For now I'm not in the mood to makу any realistic model. Maby spaceship from Star Wars. Or from one russian game called "Завтра война" (The Tomorrow War).

2 inky
I'v added photos of my finished works in album.

Here are models from that game. Not mine

Attachments

• durandal.jpg
    durandal.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 14
  • rok-14 gorinich.jpg
    rok-14 gorinich.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 12
Z

Zathros

Something we don't here a lot of in the U.S, because of out own Hollywood "powers that be", is Russian Science Fiction. he little I have seen is always well though out and I enjoy it, subtitles and all. I have not seen much, but I would really be appreciative if you put a list of movies you think are worthwhile. Maybe in it's own thread, with some links? I hope that is not too much to ask?!

"Solaris" (the Russian Version) is probably one of my favorite all time movies. It was true science fiction.

MooNFish

Feb 2, 2012
Russia
Well, that was based on book. They didn't made movie yet.
Ok, I'll try when have free time.

PS those models can be found here.

Z

Zathros

Well, that was based on book. They didn't made movie yet.
Ok, I'll try when have free time.

PS those models can be found here.

I ave that link. There are some excellent Babylon 5 models there. I did not know the reference for the relevance other models. I appreciate your insights! Thanks! :)

Goncalo Mendes

Oct 25, 2007
That's o lot more new models!

As a lot of us doesn't read russian, is possible to you to put a "photo" and some explanation on the ships available on the mentioned site?

Thanks!

G_Mendes

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Hey MooNFish, long time no see! Where have you been hiding yourself? Welcome back! Still would like to see some pics of your models. :)

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
MooNFish

I've never been to Khazakistahn, but I've been to St. Petersburg, when it was still Leningrade (oh, boy, am I THAT old?). Impressive town! The Aurora (I guess that was that cruiser's name), the Hermitage, Petrodvorets (out of town)... And the most important: beautiful girls! HEHEHEHEHEH...
I've seen that you were already a member, so welcome back and thanks for the models!