From Panama..Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by gera, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gera

gera Member

Nice to be here.
    My name is Gerardo Godoy C, born in Guatemala of Italian desent and living here in Panama for the last 35 years.
    I have been building models since about 1953.......Back then it was solid kits ( comet, guillows etc..), also wood and tissue. I did that for about 20 years, plus Plastics and RC planes.
    About 1966 I started bulding some paper models...and got hooked!!!
    Eventually I put away about 30 or so plastic kits, and some of my RC planes are rotting away in the basement.
    Now all I do in modelling is paper models. I particularly like aircraft, I also flew a Piper p-40 for about 6 years, but ships seem to attract my attention very much.
    Presently I am bulding, an Antonov-12, a Yak-7, The WW2 Italian heavy cruiser "ROMA" and an ANT-2.
    I have many friends in Italy and I keep in touch with them through their Forum ,Modellismo Più, but they are a PLASTICS group, I am the only paper modeler and I am trying to convey to those guys that " they have to change"...
    Since I have a website: I am using it to lure them to our hobby, so its all in Italian!!!......check it out, you wont see anything new in it.
    Well, that´s me......................again thank you for having me here and hope to get to know a lot of you.

Gerardo :lol:
  2. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi fom all and welcome Gerardo.

Post away with the photos you must have of your work, we look forward to it very much. I would like to see the build on the Roma, I have an model of Vittorio Veneto (not built yet). it would be intresting to see how Roma builds.

3. Ajax

Ajax Member

Welcome to the board, gera! :D

That's a very nice website you've put together. All you can do is keep spreading the word about card modeling and hopefully they'll finally see the light! :lol: I'm new to card modelling (only working on my second model ever), so I know that others not into the hobby can have some preconceived negative ideas about "paper models." I know my brother rolled his eyes when he saw my JSC Lion kit and asked me why I didn't buy a plastic model! Then I showed him some pictures of the completed model on the marcle website and all he could say was that he didn't believe that was a paper ship! :D

4. barry

barry Active Member

Welcome to the looney bin

Like the site, what is the seaplane?

If you look on the Polish site theres a great series on Roma.

5. gera

gera Member

Hi Barry:

Sorry for not writing before. The seaplane is a 2" wingspan homemade
    RO-37 a catapult launched plane from Italian Battleships.

6. gera

gera Member

Hi Rob:

I put a few photos some days ago, sorry for not answering you before but I joined, then left for Europe came back to work and its not until now that I a little free again.

Gerardo :oops:
  7. Tonino

Tonino Member

Hi Gera,

like you I don't live IN Italy and my language is Italian...

I'm joking... I live in San Marino... so even if I'm not Italian you cannot say I don't live in Italy... :lol:

Welcome here, this is a great place. I'm new here too but I already feel like at home, there is a lot of kind people.

Tell me, in what part of Italy are your roots?

8. gera

gera Member

Ciao Tonino

Hi Tonino, happy to know you. I was in San Marino two years ago and really had a nice time. Enjoyed the trip very much. My mother was from a little town, Sagliano Micca, about 54 km from Torino near Biella.

La miei moglie ed io vanno in Italia ogni due anni. Abbiamo passare 20 giorni in luglio ed abbiamo avuti molto divertimento a Roma, Napoli, Firenze e Venezia. Speriamo ancora di andare in 2006.

What kind of models do you like more. I try to build all Italian planes, tanks and ships I can find :lol:

Nice talking to you. Check the Ansaldo Balilla I just posted.
  9. Horus

Horus Member

Hi Gerado,
    welcome to the happy band. I've just come back from your website via a pog at your Ballila. Nice work. Hopefully I'll have a Caproni CA33 to complement it by spring. Keep plugging away at the plastic chappies, sooner or later they come round.

10. gera

gera Member

Hi Marcus:
    First of all let me congratulate you on your Paperwarbirds site. It is great and the models fanstastic. I have the Nimrod and Swordfish and hopefully they will come down the pike to the building board. I hope to really beef up both of them with their wires and all, I am presently gathering photos from all over the Internet.
    My site is just a fun thing, but I thank you for your nice words. I belong to an Italian group of plastic modelers and am always showing them how much more fun is paper.
    I'll be waiting to see that Caproni CA33.

11. Horus

Horus Member

Thanks for the vote of card and wire seem to go together very nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.