From Mass Effect: The Mako

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jxn1138, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Hello all,

I have started work on creating this beast in 1/32. That's right, 'The Mako' from Mass Effect, which deserves every bit of Game of the Year. So far I am still working on getting the shapes right. I am not working off any ingame models, just screen shots and the excellent 'Art of' book. You might be surprised how complex that big 'ol wheel is! Next I am going to work out the undercarriage, suspension, and then it's time for that massive dorsal rail gun. Fun!

By the way, the "paint job" is temporary, so please be kind.:p

Anyway, let me know what you think.
  2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Interested in seeing it, but all I get is "403 Forbidden"
  3. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Yeah, my mistake. I had to resize the photos, they were rediculously huge. oops. They should work now, hopefully.
  4. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I like your wheels.

The more nice wheels I see, the less I like my own wheels.... must be time for a rebuild i think :D

Looking good so far... I'm not familiar with the game, but that's looking kinda like the ferrari version of the warthog from halo. :D
  5. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

looks great! How far out from having a finished model?
  6. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

A little while yet. The carriage is simple, but the suspensions system on this thing is tricky. Plus I want to have moving parts on it. Wheels turning, Rotating rail gun, etc. This is only the second papaer model I have designed from scratch, so I am kind of learning as I go.

Ferrari of the ATV's? I like that. I still love the Warthog though, and I'm thinking about designing that one after the Mako is finished.

Thanks for the input.
  7. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

I love the Mako design. Any news on the progress>?
  8. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Man, I need to get back on this project. As usual, I got sidetracked.....:oops:
  9. JanoNath

JanoNath New Member

Looking good, I can't wait for this model. I LOVE MASS EFFECT
  10. azgathot

azgathot New Member

I can't wait too, THX the efforts with the model!
  11. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop New Member

12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Nice, Johnny. Have you built it? Do you have the file it came from? I'd like to give that a go.
  13. Johnnymuffintop

Haven't built it yet, it's been sitting printed next to my computer for like a week or two but I haven't gotten to it because of a costume I'm building.
    Also for the file, are you referring to the 3D model of the Mako? I do have that... around here somewhere...
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've got several printed ready to build, but for the lack of time. LOL!

Yeah, on the Mako 3D file, if you would like to share it, or tell me how to get it... I don't have the game, but might be willing to get it, if it's a decent game. If there's anything I can do to help you out, or work with you on this let me know.:thumb:
  15. Johnnymuffintop

I'll upload it and get a link up tonight when I get back in... though it MAY be in vtf format (what Valve uses for their games) not sure if I converted it or not.
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

OK, I don't know if I can do anything with a .vtf file.... I've got more than one Valve game, but I don't like allowing that much control over my computer and thus do not play the Valve games.
  17. Johnnymuffintop

Damn, looks like I don't have the model... at least at the moment, I'll get it uploaded in the next couple days.
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

Whenever you're ready, I'll do what I can to help.
  19. widget

widget Member

Any progress?
  20. blaar

blaar Member

I have ripped the game model using 3D Ripper DX. If any one wants it, gimme a PM and I will mail it to yah.

The Mako I ripped is from ME1. (M35)

Attached Files: