From 4WD to 2WD

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by thegoonman, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegoonman

thegoonman New Member

Just wondering how good it is for a car to take out the front drive shaft and just have a 2WD car. I just thought it would be fun for a bit like this but probably not permanet.
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i have heartd you get higher top speed
  3. thegoonman

thegoonman New Member

Thats makes sense becasue there is less of a load on. I kinda figured that but wondered if it would wear the engine or casue anymore damage because it would then be running faster becasue of no load and could blow it up maybe, just wondering, any help would be great.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

well i think any damage would go to the driveshafts or if its a street car maybe even the drivebelts.there would be more tourgue going to those 2 wheels
  5. thegoonman

thegoonman New Member

Good enough for me, even if it breaks the drive shaft it doesn't really matter there cheap and it would have to have a lot of torch on it. As long as i keep it on loose ground there should be no problem. Pavement might casue it to break but loose ground shouldn't should it.
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hey check this out. I had a duratrax street force (if you dont know its 50+ MPH!) and 1 of the pullys got a rock into it and I could only run it as a 2wd, well for a onroad car, trust me you need all 4 wheels LOL. The thing mostly just wanted to do donuts! Wiht I truck you could go for the 2wd but I dont think so on a Sedan, just to much power, and such alittle car!
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

well if you make it 2wd make it front wheel drive. rear wheel might flip too easily
  8. tnx

tnx Member

doh front wheel, thats what i said then the car will follow the front wheels9 rear wheel drive with make it drift to much)
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well when m street force went to #@$% I couldnt make it into front wheel drive cause of the pully so I could only go rear untell I bought new parts for it!
  10. tnx

tnx Member

oh, that sux[xx(]
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

well thats good for drifting.lol
  12. tnx

tnx Member

ya lol. my id rather not drift to much :)
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well let me tell you I dont know if it had to much power or what but drifting wasent a option, just more of going strait for a short distance and then spinning out lol Ypur tryed to turn you spun out, every time! I did manage ti get it going strait for about 15 feet and then I hit something and busted alot of stuff on it, that was the last tiem I ran it lol!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.