Friggin engine wont start!!! I need knowledge...

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by bandit1, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

now that jersey is finally warming up a little, i tried taking out my RS4 3 2day and after all day of messing with it, it still wont start. I think I've done everything right as for priming it, its gotta new glow plug, correct fuel ect, ect.. but it plain and simple will not start. When it wouldnt start b4, i blamed it on the temp. outside, but today it was around 60 degrees and it still wouldnt go. Anyone have any suggestions, or things to look for??? any help to get this thing started would be very, VERY appreciated!!!! thanks guys...
  2. heat it up first. If it won't star then take out your glow plug, and w/ an eye droper add a little gas, and if it starts but then shuts off check your crb for clotting
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ok cool, i've never heard of anyone doing that, but i will definitly try it. the wheather sux right now but hopefully his weekend i can try again..
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Have you checked your compression? Or did the engine sit for the winter with no after-run put through it?. It may be just varnish or gummed up.
  5. bandit1

bandit1 Member

compression did go through my mind, but im not sure on how to check if its off, or how to adjust it, so that it is. But i bought it used, i know the guy had it set thru the winter with no after run, run thru it. So its probobly stuck up (LOL) with all kinda crap. How would i clean it out??
  6. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

I run my rc10gt inside when its cold out. It still starts right up. Then i take it outside ofcourse. Then no problems
  7. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

What brand is an RS4? If we knew we may be able to suggest some initaial carb settings to get it started.
  8. we all know what brand , it is hpi if you have never heard of it pick up a rc magazine and read a little bit
  9. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Wow!!! No need to testy there danny. I am an RC flyer and am familiar with most of the airplane glow engines out there. Just trying to help out but since this is a problem on an RC car then I will leave it to others.
  10. srry bout that, forgot that airplane users use the engine poll too, diod't even realize what your name meant
  11. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Not a problem. Long as every one is having fun, thats all that matters.
  12. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

BANDIT, did you get your car to start? Haven't heard from you in a while
  13. bandit1

bandit1 Member

we just got more snow a couple daze ago, and were expecting more tommorow, i hate the EAST!!!!
  14. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

To find out how to check the compression do a search on the forum. I don't wanna type another page on that. LOL. To clean the engine tear it down and use denatured alcohol on the parts. That goes for the carb too. Then put it back together using after-run oil in all the moving parts. If you find that there is a lack of compression you can try removing the head gasket(s) to decrease the volume of the combustion chamber. That may help, it may not. If it doesn't then its time for a new piston and sleeve my friend. Any time you take apart the engine run a tank at idle for a break-in process since the parts are clean and friction will be high at fist.
  15. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ok, i will check that out. This car is definitly worth what i paid for it, 50 bux. LOL But I will get a searh going for that, thanks a bunch!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.