Friday the 29th of Sept. Any Gifts?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by TomPM, Sep 29, 2006.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Good morning folks

No modeling last night. It was our fifteenth wedding anniversary so we had a gift exchange and then it was off to football practice.

What if any model railroad related gifts have you gotten?

For my anniversary my kids got me a spinning paint rack that holds about 100 paint bottles which I promptly filled. Over the years I have gotten kits and built-up structures. Last Christmas I got a bunch of track which was just what I needed at the time.
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Well, there is a lot of stuff that I have got from my parents and grandparents and some I have bought myself.
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

i got a pocket watch with a steamer on it from my wife(now ex wife:rolleyes: ), and when i moved back up to WI from FL, my dad gave me his ONLY UP engine, a DD35A:thumb: :D -Deano
  4. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

O so that's were that DD35A came from. That was nice of your dad!!
  5. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Does a grand son count? I think my daughter will have out second grand son tonight or very early tomorrow morning.
  6. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I get occasional gift certificates to a LHS. Works out well. Much appreciated.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Congrats Tom :) :)

I usually get books, and other trinkets - really neat stuff :) No actual train stuff... Just collectables :)
  8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I rarely get model trains as gifts and that's OK with me as I was raised to be very diplomatic about all gifts I receive. Don't know how I'd work one of those snow capped styrofoam tunnels into my scenery...and those cute little Jello cars are just darling.:oops: I've been given some as "Thank yous" for services rendered including a brass C&S HOn3 Mogul and an FSM sawmill.
  9. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

I think I finaly got everyone in my family to understand..Before, they were always asking me what I wanted and my pat answer was always, if you get me anything get me a gift certificate from the LHS. For my Birthday Yesterday I got a gift certificate for the LHS :thumb: :thumb:
  10. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

I always get my son something from lhs, usually let him pick it out. The wife let me get a SD60 for a late birthday present.
  11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Nothing to speak about. A few years ago my wife bought me some structure kits, that's about it. No one knows what I want or need more than I do, so that's how I get the stuff I have now.
  12. stripes

stripes Member

Future model railroader!

Absolutly, that counts!!! Ya got to start them young though! Maybee a wee little tee shirt with a big steamer on it!

13. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

My family does get me RR-related gifts, but most are either from a list that I have (created because people kindly do not want to get "the wrong thing"), or books. One of the best I have received is CN luggage tags from the 1930s that my great-grandfather used. Another is a CNR MOW handbook my Dad found for me on eBay... :thumb:

14. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I've received a Pennsy P2K SD-9, a few freight cars, Microsoft Train Simulator, and a large crane as gifts from my wife who seems to be on first name basis with my LHS dealer! :)
  15. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Thats the way forward Ralph, my wife is also on first name terms with my LHS owner, in fact she takes the store baking at Christmas (so is a very popular visitor). The most amazing RR gift that she got me was when she was on a cross-canada project and was in Saskatoon, where she found and bought (being aware that this was one of my "locomotives I'd love but will never own" list) a Minitrix N scale Ce 6/8 Crocodile!! whata suprise that was when she returned from her trip