Friday Did you ever??!!??

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Did you ever Dumpster Dive for railroad items that you just couldn't pass up?????

Ok - Picking trash counts too :) :)

shaygetz

I can point to at least 7 engines and 35 cars that were in or on their way to said dipsy dumpster...no:rolleyes: , I don't regularly look so much as I'm throwing stuff in the right dumpsters at the right time:thumb: . My Marklin tinplate is a good example, then there's plywood and styrofoam, wire and such.

jasbourre

I have two jobs, one is maintenance/janitorial and I empty the trash at a large mall complexe, for starters theirs a Micheals, a Radio Shack (the source) there's a Home Depot, so ya I guess I have. Have not payed for any wire, styrofoam, and lots of styrene posters, wood, it's amazing what you can find out there.
My other job is working at a blood bank, there are a lot of medical supplies I can use on my railroad, such as gloves, wood applicators, Q-tips and many more.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Haven't dumpster dived but I do salvage parts from itmes just before I toss them in the bin. :)
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
At my age and in the condition I'm in, I'd be afraid if I dove in that I'd never be able to get back out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm not saying that I've never dumpster dove, no siree bob, I'm just saying that it's been a while, and never for stuff for my layout.:D

But, if I spotted something I could reach that I could use, you bet I would go after it. If it were farther away, I'd have to ask my wife to go in..sign1sign1