Friday and I'll Get it Finished...Some Day

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We had a surprisingly cool day for August. It was a great night for football practice. Tonight is the annual Upper Darby vs. Monsignor Bonner high school football game. Both teams feature a good number of former Drexel Hill Raiders. The current group of Raiders have been invited to attend the game as guests of both teams. Hopefully the weather will hold off and we can take my son.

I added some more ground turf around a turnout on the layout.

What are those projects on the work bench or layout that have been sitting around forever that you should finish?

For me the longest unfinished project is an Athearn BB B&O GP9 that I need to paint the handrails and install new Kadee couplers on. I tried to do the couplers about a year ago and they need a lot of tweaking so they won’t catch on things. The other project is a Funaro & Carmerlingo Rutland Hopper Bottom Coal car. I started it back in January and have got the body assembled and about half the grab irons installed. It is still aways from being finished.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Let's see, the longest unfinished project on my workbench has to be the Camberia electrical substation. It's been sitting about 30% complete for well over a year now. It's fairly detailed and needs some dedicated time to bend all those wires and put them in place. Something else always comes up that shoves this back up on the shelf.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh well, maybe next year.:D :D

jasbourre

My longest unfinished project is wirering the swith section of my layout. Its a job I'm not liking because of my bad back... ONE DAY!!!!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Easy one for me..... The Number 10E standard gauge engine and the cars 332, 339 and 341 are still not repainted and restored... I started restoring them in 1994 :rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
N Gauger said:
Easy one for me..... The Number 10E standard gauge engine and the cars 332, 339 and 341 are still not repainted and restored... I started restoring them in 1994 :rolleyes:
Geeze Mikey, that's really, really baaaaddddd. Ya looking for some sort of a record, eh???sign1 sign1

Tell ya what, if anyone can top that, I'll send a genuine certificate of procrastination from the Gauge for the one with the longest hangging project still on their bench.:D :D Oh, unfinished layouts don't count since no one has ever completed everything on their layouts, even if the think they're finished.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Certificate, eh? Well, I had the trucks come off a coal hopper in 1977, and I have not yet put them back on... ;) :D sign1

One of my longest running projects are my modules. I have frames that need paint, wiring (power and DCC), and a variety of other parts sitting around, as well as completed buildings, track, turnouts and so on. But nothing has come together completely yet. hamr I have a long list of excuses, including bad basement, sleeping children, unheated shop (winter's a write-off), etc, etc. Is there an award for excuses? ;)

Andrew

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
ezdays said:
Geeze Mikey, that's really, really baaaaddddd. Ya looking for some sort of a record, eh???sign1 sign1

Tell ya what, if anyone can top that, I'll send a genuine certificate of procrastination from the Gauge for the one with the longest hangging project still on their bench.:D :D Oh, unfinished layouts don't count since no one has ever completed everything on their layouts, even if the think they're finished.
I was right on schedule (Procrastination wise), until The Gauge came along almost 6 years ago and then I started sitting in front of the computer instead of in front of the workbench...
YeeeeeeeeeeeeAH That's the ticket!!! :D :D :D :D

shaygetz

announce1 NOTHING goes unfinished on my workbench:rolleyes: Everything is right on schedule...I just have generous deadlines that's all:thumb:

Pooh Bah
Which project shall I pick on? All the traction projects that I started before I was married? The Suydam Car Barn -- roof was glued together (corrugated aluminum) and the sides atrted, but the whole thing still sits in its flat box. This must have been the early 70s. A couple of Suydam interurbans that were dismantled for painting and still aren't together.
There's a set of Campbell waiting rooms that date from the late 60s.