Fresno Trip

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Made a trip to Fresno, Ca. with my daughter and son in law to see my grandsons graduation ceromony. He received his Masters in Physics.
Lucky for me we paralled the tracks most of the way down. Unlucky, my wife had packed my camera in our luggage in the trunk. Saw two long trains at a meet. One had 4 engines, the other 3. I couldn't tell you what they were as I can never remember or tell one type from another. Coming home yesterday, saw a long train with 3 engines and all empty intermodel cars. I had my camera this time but the tracks were on ther other side of the freeway and we were doing 70 mph so unable to get any pictures of that one. We were heading north and the train south so the cars were hardly more than a blurr. :cry: :cry: :cry:
As Spitfire said in another thread, I could use a new memory chip for my brain except my brain is outdated and none available. That is the repy I usually get when I try to update my computer. :cry: :cry:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think Sacramento or there abouts is the low point of the central valley. From Bakersfield to Sacto is an easy down grade all of the way. Three units will handle the tonnage generally without a problem. Going from Sacto to Bakersfield, they would use 4 or more units because it is a upgrade all of the way.