fresh from florida

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello everyone---just got back from a great vacation in florida---i had a shipment of sea-food from crabby bill's forwarded in this brand new athearn 50' reefer

elcapitanreefer005.jpg

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hi everyone---kyle,the track is 3 ft. flex track(code 100) which i painted with rust coloured floquil paint

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
surpise surprise

hi everyone---i guess i'm so use to cn boxcars having the same logo on both sides that i didn't notice that this reefer was different on the other side---doctor wayne had inquired about the map on the other side,so here's a different view of the reefer from the other side

reefer006.jpg

reefer014.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Talk about a reply! I had asked Mister Nutbar about the "Built" date, just in case it would fit into my 1930's era layout, and as you can see, it's June, 1940.:cry: Nice close-up, though.:thumb:

Wayne

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Of the 3 cities Atcheson, Topeka, & Santa Fe, I think the only one the railroad went to was Santa Fe and it was at the end of a small branch line. By the way, that branch line is now the railroad that the ex actor Micheal Gross owns.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
As usuall some VERY nice photo's!
Since you seem to know what you'r doing when it comes to pitcher takin' could you help me. I take wonderfuly crappy shots of everything, I know one reason is that I pull the trigger, I'm saving up for a trypod. What I would like to know now is , how come colours change? For example the rails in your SF shots look gold {or meby brass} and in other shots the shades change or even the whole colour. Is it lighting? or the camera? or computer?
I'm not generaly picky but some stuff I like to come out right
Thanks

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---thanks for the compliments relic,but in all honesty i feel i'm "technically challenged"and can't fully explain the changes in the colours---most of my pictures(and those taken at doctor waynes) were taken using a digital camera on automatic focus without a flash or artificial lighting---i use a tripod as much as possible---overhead lighting,distance from the item being taken,angles of the shots would all have an effect i would think---if you're using a digital camera,take lots of shots and keep the best ones,it's a matter of trial and error---thanks again,nutbar