Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

Rheinland Valkyrie heavy Fighter

I've made reference to this model in another thread here, so a few of you have probably seen the beta model pix there and in.. errr.. another place.. anyway the model is good to go, well I hope it is, the original files were badly damaged in a crash, so I've had to use a few bandaids and repair / re-do parts of it.. The experiment with the Gloss Photo Paper was fun, I guess I'll have to add a huge Rheinland Battleship to the Dev list, so it will match the reflection in the 'windows' . I've included a blank template of the cockpit 'Glass' in case anyone would like to experiment and add their own 'reflected image' to the cockpit windows.

* Sorry I haven't had the opportunity to do the weapons pack or counter measure options, so a few of the stores platforms are going to look a little bare.. In any case the game is particularly rich with LOTZ of worthy model subjects, so there will be a few more to come..

I'll have to add a HUGE thank you to a mate ~ Steve Breslin ~ from the old LancersReactor boards.. His technical knowledge of the game and code wizardry is simply astounding. The whole project would have turned to worms without his help.

OK enough banging.. the Rheinland Valkyrie is HERE (bottom of page)

2. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Great model Gearz!! Excelent textures!! Another one which will grown up my to build list... hope I can start building them :)

Just one question, I gave a fast look on your assembly instructions... Seems that the weapons and sensors come separatelly, I guess they are the weapons listed before your valkyrie model.

My question is: are they at the same scale, it's just choose the one that I want to add to the model or will be necessary scalling the weapons to fit?
  3. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Forgot to say, nice guns too!!!
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I'm not a big SF'er yet Gearz but you guys are wearing me down. I like this one. Thank you!
  5. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Are you able to make them all to scale? A large Rheinland battlewagon would be great to see... it's one of my favourite Freelancer ships :)
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you shiftdel ~ EEeek ! You've pointed out a misleading bit I've made with the presentation of the weapons on my Freelancer page.. ~ + Good Question..

Originally those 'stand alone' weapons were all intended as part of a 'practice build package' for ppl that wanted a Freelancer model, but had never built in card before.. Unfortunately it wasn't /didn't attract that much interest from the FL gamers, so I abandoned the idea..

To answer your question.. NO... the gun models offered mid page, aren't intended as weapons for the ship models. You could rescale them, although i wouldn't encourage it, as they'd have to be re-scaled down to 10 -15 % of original size and may prove tricky to build. check out the pix attached for the size/scale difference..

The "gun' included with the kit was developed ( scaled) for the ship models.. I have a weapons pack in development, all scale to the ship models.. now you've pointed it out, I'll make that a little clearer on the page... thanks

Elliott ~ thanks mate... Yep i feel the same about a lot of the other subject models shown here...... Tank Train Plane N Ship .. every time i see one, I want to jump streams ~ Damn all those kewl build pictures... lol

FlareBaffled ~ Unfortunately I don't think so, it would be HUGE !!! and i doubt anyone would want to build it.. So I'll probably go the other way and DEV the BS + smaller (simplified ) ships to go with it..

Attached Files:

7. sprintx

sprintx Member

Geraz I wanna ask what extractor u using to extract freelancer models. Its my favourite game and ships are amazing!(especially Titan). Thanks for reply
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Just seeing this thread and looking at that portal, it looks like something that could very easily have Gate mesh laid over it and appear to be a gate on some strange world RE: Stargate.
  9. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Umm, so do the wheels on my car... :p
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very funny.:cool:
  11. Gearz

Gearz Member

sprintx ~ Oh..Ooooo.. looks like there's a problem at lancersreactor, OMG .. i hope its only temp!! Most of the stuff you need was there..

*Give me a day to so and i'll dig up the plugins N programs you need + steps to extract the models.. You also need Milkshape..
  12. sprintx

sprintx Member

lancersreactor is suspended! Oh my... Anyway, thanks for advice
  13. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

What I would love to see is the Eagle. That one is my all time favorite ship. And along with that is my favorite beam weapons that are in my favored arsenal. GOLDON BLADE (Class 10)
  14. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hi Mauiman.. you'll have to forgive my ignorance but i haven't played Freelancer ~ I only know the game/ships thought their generic file names.. got any pics of that Ship and Gun.?
  15. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Nice model. Got it just now. Can't wait to build it.

Thanks, Man.
  16. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

Gearz. You will need to talk to me VIA MSN Messenger because the total file size of the picture archive is a grand total of 56.00MBs or you can talk to me via AIM or YIM. My AIM is Juggelerman and my YIM is Please because I am a forgetful persion I would advise you to let me know who you are. Where you come from. And what the subject is.
  17. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Wow, these are some great models. And the textures have excellent detail! I hope you are making more? :thumb:

18. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Thanks for sharing that with us Gearz... I was a big freelancer fan a few years ago... it was a good year or so after trhe game came out by the time I played it and by then there were heaps of really cool mods that aded pretty much every ship from every science fiction movie or tv show ever made, and then some... I really can't remember what I loved the most, the game or the mods...

I do remember the valkyrie though and you've done a great job on the model.
  19. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey thank you guys ~ Although its not to hard to get a winner when you've got such great material to work with, beautiful textures, and yep the game seems extremely rich with all sorts of goodies. You could devote all your time to it and not scratch the surface. There's more on t..h..e w....a.....y from my bench. Typically I've got a dozen or so, in various states of dev.. At last session, i was trying to reproduce the in-game lighting effect on this liner..

* I've sent Sprintx the good oil on the meshes, so he's probably working away at some FL ships now..
    ( better put your rain coats on. )

Attached Files:

20. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Cool. That looks a little like the Flostan Paradise.