Freelanced Logos Picke 'Em

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Flyboy41, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Flyboy41

Flyboy41 Member

I'm trying to come up with a logo for my freelanced N Scale Ohio Western System. Which one do you like? See attached PDF.

Attached Files:

• OW.pdf
      File size:
      16.5 KB
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I think you are giving us a subliminal hint with your avatar, but I do like #5... ;)

3. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Definately #5:thumb:

4. buffalo bob 52

buffalo bob 52 New Member

#5 has my vote!
  5. Bones

Bones Member

#3 has a cleaner look.

I find #5 somewhat hard to look at. The overall design is great, but the red seems overbearing.
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

To be frank, you lose the fact that there's an "O" in #5, great logo, just that it doesn't convey the fact that it's "Ohio Western". #3 or #4 are both good.
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

My first choice would be #2 followed by #4 followed by #3.
  8. Flyboy41

Flyboy41 Member

I used the Norfolk Southern "NS" as an inspiration for #3. No. 5 would be on the nose of the loco, if I use it. I took the Southwest Airlines and London Underground logos as inspiration for #5. I'm leaning more towards #3 for the nose and maybe #2 or #4 for the sides of the loco.

Any more advice is appreciated.
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

Gotta go with 2 or 4 for that railroad look.
  10. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

They all look good...#6 would look good on the nose and #2 down the sides of the long hood..
  11. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

I like them all, but indeed #5 doesn't look like it has the 'O'. What you could do is have one of the heralds (like #5), be the one for the engines, while have another one be for rolling stock, if you plan to have any cars in Ohio Northern.
  12. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I like #4 the best, then #1 or #2. I'm assuming that this is a fairly modern line, say mid-'80s or later? #5 is good, but looks more suited to an airline to me, and there's the issue of the indistinct "O".

13. Uintah Dave

Uintah Dave Member

I like #4 & #5. Just my 2 pennies.
  14. b28_82

b28_82 Member

#5 reminds me of one of Weezer's banners.
  15. PRR 6750

PRR 6750 New Member

I would go with #3.