Free Space Models

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by A C Spectre, Feb 4, 2005.

1. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

Anyone interested in modeling some great real space models should check out this link: Lots of great stuff here. The place is only about an hour from me and sounds like it has a boatload of great stuff. I hope to get there with my family some weekend soon.

A C Spectre

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy AC,

I found that site last friday, I was amazed myself, especially at the 8' tall apollo rocket plans. And the "working crane", I never dreamed anything like that was possible, especially in paper.
    For anyone who has never visited that site, you really oughta' go check it out.
    Great find and thanks for posting it AC, being new, I thought everyone HAD to know about that one already.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy AC,

Its me again. I see by your "joined date" that you joined jan. 31 2005, which was only a few days after I joined up here. Well, I wasnt sure how much searching you have done for card models, but I thought since you were kind enough to share the above link for those who may not have seen it, I would share the links I have made my favorites since I joined on jan. 24th, 2005 ( I have been doing some major surfing, I should own stock in google).
    Anyway, listed below are some of my favorites, ALL of the below links offer free models of one form or another, planes, train, rockets, tanks etc. (not promoting a competing forum, posted only for downloads) Links.html
    http****************** Pirate site [b](NOTE FROM GEEDUBBYA: THANKS FOR REMOVING THAT SITE ADMIN. I AM SLOWLY LEARNING)[/b] ( this link has planes tanks, cars, you name it, there is a link to a free model, a bunch of em)

* Note: To the best of my knowledge, all of these are legitimate sites and are in no way "pirating" others products. If it is found that any are questionable, please inform me or the forum admins and they will be removed asap.

**Note: the japanese and tiawanese and other "foriegn" sites may have a download box pop up for you to download that language into your computer, you can click cancel and not download it, you know what you are looking for and there are pics, so you wont need the laguage d/l.

However, should you, in your searches come across a site you really wish you could have in english, heres a tip. once on the site, click on the address in the addy bar up top, (the addy will turn blue), then, hold down the ctrl button and at the same time hit the letter c . then, got to and to the right of the search box are the words "language tools", click them and scroll down to "translate webpage".
    remove the http:// from that box and hold down ctrl and hit the letter v , this will paste the addy you want translated into the box, then choose the language you want it translated from ( look at the last few letters in the address, usually they will give a clue as to the country of origin for the jp=japan, tw= also japanese, it=italy etc...) then hit translate page and google will do all the work for you.

happy hunting,

Geedubbya please check the site out with us first before posting, the one taken out is a Pirate site

4. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hi sir,

all of those sites are legitimate, and some are owned by members of this forum.

Thanks for listing them down! :wink:
  5. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Hans

The sites that have not been edited, you are right they are legal.
    But not the one I took out

The site removed has been posted before and casued a big problem on site.
    Ron checked it out and found it to be a pirate site, the models offered are scans that were first posted on an RU site that has now been closed down.

As Ron has posted in the past, this site is not a democracy and we will remove stuff until we can prove it is legal.

At the end of the day there are enough free models out there to keep a modeler going for a few life times :lol: and then some

Hope this clarifies the issue a bit

6. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

AIEEE!!! A C Spectre !!!!

Please note, call the LHVCC center before you go!!! It is open generally by arrangement only. It is a learning center for school children (think school trips) to visit generally monday -friday, not open on weekends, although it is available for group functions and I believe once a month there are public days on sundays.
    go to the main website for more details:
  7. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

I saw that on their site. I'm going to call and try to get in on one of the public "missions" in the near future. I think the cost is $20/person with kids a little less. For that you get like a 3 hour "mission". I'll post details of the trip when it happens.

A C Spectre
  8. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

Thanks for the list, I had all but 2 already bookmarked. I know how you feel buddy. I got bit by this bug hard and it seems like every bit of my free time know is split between surfing the net for anything I can find on the topic and actually building stuff. I was a plastic model guy for years and I still enjoy that, but I was truly amazed buy the quality and detail possible in paper. I never would have believed it.

I have been trying to post some pics of things I've actually finished to my gallery without much luck. I think it's my camera. I'm going to borrow another one this weekend and see if I can make it work. Here's hoping!!

A C Spectre