Free models

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by bomber54, Jan 18, 2007.

1. bomber54

bomber54 New Member

Link removed!
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Where on this page are the model? Do you have to join? Thanks for the info.
  3. bomber54

bomber54 New Member

Link removed!
  4. bomber54

bomber54 New Member

66 mig-29.rar - 3.95MB
  5. bomber54

bomber54 New Member

Link removed!
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Please edit your post and remove the link.
    This is a commercial model and sharing pirated material is against this sites policies.
    Also, please read the rules of this forum, before you get banned.

7. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

This is happening a lot lately. This forum is going to get a bad name if post's like the above don't stop. As I have stated elseware why risk being booted of the forum by posting other peoples work or posting links to get to pirate sites. It's quite easy to find free models that people allow to be posted.

I don't know if this been happening since the forum started, as I only joined last september/october but this is not good and needs to stop NOW.
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hi Paul,
    Well, newbies get excited about the hobby, and this forum and are trying to please the members here by sharing nice models with everyone that they find elsewhere on the net.
    Also they post them before reading the rules.
    We can't be too hard on them, naturally.

As long as we keep it policed and do not tolerate it, we won't get a bad name but a good one.:grin:

9. cjd

cjd Member

Could not agree more. There are hundreds of free models available. However, if you are new to papermodelling, it can be hard to tell if a model has been pirated or not. Is there an acceptable way of finding out (other than posting a link & then getting your wrist slapped)?

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

E-mail or pm an administrator (Rickstef) and ask.
    That keeps it out of the forum.

11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I am sorry if I sound nasty, but it is quite easy to find the free model sites. Just google for 'free paper models'.
    And it is usually easy to tell if the models are scans or not, just by looking at the quality.
    If anybody asked for advice I would tell them to stick to ligimate sites, there are some really good models on them that are as good as if not better than the 'to pay for' models.
    I don't think it is a good idea to put a link to 'free' models on your first post(sorry bomber54).
    If there is any questions about a site readers should 'pm' a moderator first.

Sorry to be blunt, you (anybody reading this) would not like your models being released without your approval.
  12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You can take known bad sites and have uncommon words in them and censor either the uncommon word string or censor the whole URL.

That way even if someone posts it, it will look like this ... ....www.*********.com (censoring yarmodels) or ***************** (censoring

Yar!!!! :mad: