Free Models # Two

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by silverw, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Please hurry up and decide - I don't think I can stand that music for much longer....... :cry:
  2. silverw

silverw Member

Results are in

The FIFTH PLACE TROPHY, and $5.00 cash is awarded to ...

CardStalker for "Little Joe"

3. silverw

silverw Member

4th Place

The FORTH PLACE TROPHY, and $5.00 cash is awarded to....

B-Manic for "SMS Rhein

4. silverw

silverw Member

3rd Place

The THIRD PLACE TROPHY, and $5.00 cash is awarded to....

Sjsquirrel for "Colonial Viper"

5. silverw

silverw Member

2nd Place

The SECOND PLACE TROPHY, and Will's SUPER CORSAIR model is awarded to....

Toddlea for "BM-6a"

6. silverw

silverw Member

1st Place

And, the FIRST PLACE TROPHY, and $20.00 cash is awarded to....

mpakier for "Ambrose"

7. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Thanks to the judges - it was a fun build. Congratulations to the other winners. The builds were all great. I would like to contribute the $5.00 cash to the Forum operating costs.

I recommend this model to anybody interested in ships or just exploring new options.
  8. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Well done to all the contestants. The build threads make great reading.
    This contest is a great idea and I look forward to another one sometime in the future.
  9. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

I agree with B-manic, let my $5 go to the site. It was as always so much fun. Thanks to all, and thanks for making me in the top 5. Everyone is just so great here. Looking forward to all that will come next. And thanks to silverw and all the judges, Congratulations to all the other winners and all that entered. Best to all.
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Congratulations, well deserved to mpakier for his great looking Ambrose build and to the rest of the contestants as well![​IMG]
    A fantastic job by each and every one of you!

We are all winners when it comes to these contests, we are all rewarded with a bunch of great build threads!

A big thanks to Bill and all the judges and most definitely to those who donated the prizes! It's been a lot of fun to watch!

11. silverw

silverw Member

Hi all....

Now... to tidy this up a little. I was at work for the initial "winners" posts so, (had to look out for the BIG BOSS:twisted: )

Firstly... thankyou to all that entered a model in the contest. I would like to encourage any and everyone to enter the next one! (I'm sure there will be one!)

"It's like a box of chocolates, ... you never know what you are going to get!"

I originally intened that statement for the contestants, but it now applies to me too! My only goal was to promote card modelling! WOW :cool:
    Terrific build threads, Great models, and even donations to! I couldn't be happier!:wink:

Secondly.... thankyou to the Judges... that's where you dump the blame, incase something goes wrong!:grin:
    Sorry for my impatience, but... well.... you know!

And of course, THANKYOU to Will for the donated SUPER CORSAIR!

Lastly... CONGRATULATIONS to the winners! FANTASTIC MODELS!!

NOTE: About the trophies....... they are a digital download... (some assembly required) ..... and, .... they are not quite done yet! :oops: :oops:
    BUT, I'll get them to you as soon as possible! .... Honest!:wink:
    (Please refer to my brand new tag line!:cry:

Please PM(private message) me with info concerning cash prizes. I can do PayPal(I think)(e-mail address) or cash in your "snail mail" (mailling address)

Thanks again, ALL! ... Bill
  12. mpakier

mpakier Member

I'm very happy for the first place. Thanks to all the judges and other
    contestants. I attended the contest not for the the prize but to have
    a deadline and a motivation for building my model. As you can read
    in my build report. I started the Ambrose in October and did not
    finish it until February. Then I started it again for the competition
    and now it's ready.

According to the $20.00 cash award. I can donate
    it for the forum or I can buy 2 or 3 card models
    as a next competition prizes. Let someone decide.
  13. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Congratulations to all contestants who entered a model into the competition! I enjoyed seeing all of your entries and build threads very much...job very well done by all!

And a very hearty congratulations to all of the winners, your models are all beautiful examples of what is available out there for free download and a fine testiment to your individual skills, which are quite evident by all of your entries. Excellent job!

This was a very entertaining competition with excellent entries submitted by all contestants...I hope we see many more competitions involving free downloads in the future!

14. angevine

angevine Member

Congratulations to all the entrants for this competition, you are all winners in my book.

To the final five, I must say it was not an easy task and I spent a long, enjoyable, time reading and re-reading your threads to make my choices.

If ever this competition is run again, count me in.

Congratulations again and thanks for a most enjoyable competition.

15. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thank you, thank you!

Thank you all. It was a pleasure participating and seeing the other great builds submitted by all the entrants. I'd like to go along with B-Maniac and contribute my $5 to the site as well.

Thanks again, and congratulations mpakier. A very well deserved acknowledgment of an outstanding effort.

16. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

A special thanks to all who participated. I look forward to the next competition.
  17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Any progress on those trophies Bill? I don't wanna run out of things to build you know :wink:

18. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Steve...

Yes... they are coming....

Murphy seems to visiting me on a daily basis!:cry:
  19. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Hey Bill,

Not that I really need anything else to build, but how are those trophies coming? I really want to stand it next to that viper :-D .

20. 080919k

080919k New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.