Free Models # Two

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by silverw, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverw

silverw Member

ENTER Free Models # Two

ENTRY ONLY PLEASE...................

... a short blurb about your model,
    ....a link to where it is availabale as a "free model",
    ....AND a link to your "BUILD THREAD".

Comments etc. can be deposited here...
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

SMS Rhein and/or Mosel Entry

From 'Paper Shipwrights'

The Rhein and Mosel were two small river monitors (Flußkanonenboot) built in 1872 to defend the River Rhine (Rhein) around Koblenz. Built in Bremen, the monitors were armed with two 12cm bronze cannon in an Ericsson-type turret. Under-powered and under-armed, they had a short service life and were scrapped in 1880.

Free Model Link -

Build Thread -
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool! Now those that didn't quite make the first deadline still get a chance to show their models off!

If I wasn't in such a "builder block" right now maybe I could enter:cry:

Does anyone else suffer from the rare disease?

4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

now i can got into the contest :)
  5. spirtos

spirtos Member

...a second chance...great!... I was supposed to build the Canon E-type for contest #1 , but as I was running out of time I decided to try the Bugatti T35 , which just missed the deadline , and was completed yesterday (after sitting unfinished on the bench for some days). Cannot enter it though because I do not have enough pictures for a build report (I will post pictures of the finished model later in the day though).

I have not decided which model to enter because I have a question. Are modifications allowed?
  6. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

7. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

8. spirtos

spirtos Member

9. Roxxii

Roxxii New Member

10. mpakier

mpakier Member

11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Nobi's SeaFury and Special

OK............ I'm doing two things................... First I'm building Nobi's SeaFury released Christmas 2005......... AND............ since there was a question on cameras...........

I'm going to shoot the pictures with a new (inexpensive) web cam and let folks see what can and can not be done with a "cheap" camera.

Oh........... that last part will actually be the most important part, because when I get through hacking Nobi's wonderful plane, I wanted to have some good legacy from this entry!:grin:

12. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

A-36 Apache

Well, since John (Bowdenja) beat me on choosing the Hawker Sea Fury, I have another NOBI model> the A-36 Apache.

I've got this model almost for 3 years, and never give it a chance, until now. This competence things are very useful to undust hands and tools, and get some work done.

And, just as John wanted to hack on NOBI's model, I will hack the A-36 too. But, say no more... come in to build report.
  15. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Ambitious competition entry

I was vainly hoping the Aru would have been completed by the competition deadline, but it wasn't to be. However, I do like the mizuirogakuen models, so I chose something slightly simpler. Enter, stage right, "Miyako" :)

Here is the link to the site :
    A direct link to the model :
    and a linkto the build thread :

PS. I hope nobody is offended at this entry........... it is purely meant in jest
  16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Pretty funny, Mark!
    I hope you can get it done in time!:twisted:

17. silverw

silverw Member

Model Contest

Hello All...

Well, the "Ides of March" Free Model contest(#2) has come to a close.

Thankyou to everyone that entered a model.

As soon as the Judges have done their thing, the results will be posted.

Please stay tuned!:)

.... Bill
  18. silverw

silverw Member

The forum is hushed, as the Judges deliberate their verdict!:yep:

19. silverw

silverw Member

By the way, it's ST PATRICKS DAY already!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.