Free Model Final 5

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Vote Today! if you haven't already
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

FREE Model Competition

Hi all,

It seems pretty clear now which the top three will be . . .
    This has been a great competition.

Bengt :D
  3. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Hey everyone, could use a few more votes so the Judges don't have to break any tie's. They had a tuff enough job picking the 5 out of 40.
  4. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

not much time left, lets not have a tie for the judges to have to make final call.
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK it's done................

I had some people PM me their votes.......... so here are the Final Standing for the competition............ Congratulations to all that made the Final Five!

First Place................ 42 votes Steam Engine

Second Place ........... 30 votes Thunderbird 2

Third Place .............. 23 votes GeeBee

Forth Place .............. 18 votes Saturn 5 engine

Fifth Place ............... 17 votes Wicked Wench

With a special commendation for the Gundum

If all the winners would PM me their email address I'll contact all the donors and have the files send out.

I want to thank all who entered and the folks that "volunteered" (got drafted) to be judges........... they did an excellent job picking the final five and it was tough!

Thanks again to Yaniv for coming up with the idea in the first place and allowing me to help! (He's already working up a new competition........... but that will be in the future!)

Again Congratulations to the winners and to all that entered.........I learned allot and found some really great models I had missed!

Thanks Y'all

Yaniv & john
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Well done to the winner, not sure who you are. Trains arn't really my thing, but it looks very good.
    Well done to everyone else who entered. I enjoyed this comp, I think it has upped the bar, this is going to be very hard to beat.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

When I get home this afternoon, I'll post a picture and the builders names.............just ran out of time last night to do it and I wanted to let everyone know as soon as possible.............guess I sould have been thinking ahead:cry:

8. lepton

lepton New Member

Thanks for running the competition...

I must say it was great fun to take part in this contest, and I am very happy to have been judged second place. Having seen the quality of all of the other entries, this is very flattering. I am sure the nostalgia of the subject material (Thunderbirds) had something to do with it (it certainly was the reason for my choice of the model:grin: ).

So thank you very much to John and Yaniv for organizing and running the contest, and thank you to the judges for your efforts. And thank you to those who generously provided the prizes. I now have an even taller pile of aircraft waiting to be built!

And finally, this was a FREE model competition, and is at least as much about the design of the models as the build, so thank you to all of those designers out there who have generously given us their hard work in the form of excellent free models.

9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fab 5

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners -

all five of you! You were well worth the honour. Very fine modelling subjects and superbly built.

Enjoy your fine prizes now!
    Best regards,
    Bengt :D
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Names of the Winners

It seems that I goofed again:oops: .........

Here are the NAMES of the Winning Entries..........

First place Bill Jones aka silverw

Second Place Ivan Curtis aka lepton

Third Place Rick Whitt aka rlwhitt

Fourth Place Dennis Noland aka cardstalker

Fifth Place Jonathan Leslie aka jleslie48

Special Commendation Tom Johnson aka tomhom
  11. silverw

silverw Member

Thanky all and everyone!!

Congratulations to Ivan, Rick, Dennis and Jonathan !

It's going to be a long haul, but, I do plan to build all these models ... and show them here!!

Thankyou to all those that contributed the models for prizes!!

... Bill
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.