FREE Model Competion

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK............ That IS a good idea! Anyone else?
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i like that idea too

3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I second (or third or fourth) the suggestion.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alrighty them............. that rule has been modified........ list the link of where you got your model and if you know it is now not longer working please state that with the entry.

ALSO Note:

Thanks to the great guys at DGA we will have on yaniv's site for this competition (if we get it to work) a link to allow ANYONE to download a "Special Edition" of the P-80.

It's a lovely version (if I say so myself:grin: ) and I think everyone will enjoy it.

I'm still finalizing the prizes but this much I can say........... as of right now:

1st place is guaranteed 5 models

2nd place is guaranteed 3 models

3rd place is guaranteed 3 models

4th and 5th place are guaranteed 1 model.

Again this is what we have right now.............. there WILL be more!

Remember who I have already listed as helping us out and you can just imagine how great these models are!

When I get everything finished I will post the breakout of the list of prizes.

Lets the fun start................ and The Sopwith Triplane IS the first official entry!

yeah! :cool:
  5. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Guys ... Thanks for the work involved in setting up this contest!

Regarding inactive links: Keep in mind that sometimes this is just a temporary condition due to limited bandwidth. Whenever a download link is posted somewhere, we paper modellers, being the impatient bunch that we are, all rush to download it NOW! ... thereby causing the site to "excede bandwith limit" But, tommorow is another day!:)

I also agree with Darwin .... I think it is VERY bad manners to post a "direct link" to the download file. ... sort of like taking a "doggie bag" home from a free lunch, for your friend!:-(

... Bill
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all and good morninig

sorry for the big delay but i am sure tonight (tommarow most) the site will start work with a full links and download section on it for 2 nice models we got so far

2.Messerschmitt M-33

about the prize

john please tell me the prize i cant wait to know lol

have a nice day to all of us :)
  7. Erik J

Erik J Member

I suggest that an entry include the email link, as originally noted, and you verify that the link is valid. If valid, the model photo submission is acceptable. It then wouldn't matter if the site goes down later.

- Erik
  8. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

What I want to know is; Why didn't someone tell Yaniv that on his BEAUTIFUL webpage the word "contast" is misspelled and it should be "contest".OR is that the way it is spelled over there? Is this deliberate or an oversight? If you were to change this one thing and the page will look professional. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION... I am making my selection for this contest. I am sad I cannot build it tiny:(
  9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi thewoodengraver

jhon is tell me about the word CONTAST and i fix it for the new update (tonight) its only my misspeeled i just make a lots of ork on the site this days sach as
    download section

and some more cool grapix stuff

just not found yet the time to add all to the server

but tonight is the night :)

like the old 80's song ": this is the night ,this is the night :)
  10. thewoodengraver

Okay Yaniv, thank you. I really do think the page is beautiful, and I am only trying to help...first impressions are important to me. GREAT JOB my friend!!! Thank you for working so hard for this!
  11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

thanks to u my friend for suporting my work like this and i will be more than heppy if u report to me in any problem u found on the page :)

are u going to contest this 1?
  12. Rev

Rev Member

I'm in. My wife will be making that funny face at me again, oh well. I have tons of free models, which one, which one, oh man.
  13. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

I'm in also! I'll start working on my model this weekend!

Am I correct that we post the picture and link once the model is completed?

14. thewoodengraver

Yes Yaniv, I'm in. I want to try to actually build a cardmodel WELL. I have been polishing my techniques and practicing. I don't know if I can produce a winner but I will try. Thanks Yaniv and Bowdenja for creating this!
  15. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

yes u need to post a finel pic and the download link at the moment u finsh it :)
  16. Elger

Elger New Member

Sorry, but what's the link to the contest? Or doesn't it exist jet?

17. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

18. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Right can I just be a pain, but so far we have the rules for entries but i have no idea of what the models will be judged on? for example I have seen some nice models around for free that are very detailed but the are white only models. I am worried that if I build one of these I will be disadvantaged:confused:
  19. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

its not a good reson gt5500 not to make it just becoz he not have color

the concept of the contest is fun only and sher with members your work

so if its whait u can look on it as concept for your model :)
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well it's kinda like a Beauty Contest............ it's not only looks that matter.:twisted:

But the judges will know what they are looking for.:grin:

It's just a fun thing, that will show off some Free models, get people to building and something to generate some interest in the hobby.

Pick a free model you like, build it the best way you can and enter it........ heck if we only have five entries you are a guaranteed winner:grin:

The real fun will come in seeing what people really like to build, how many different ways there are to enjoy this hobby, and finding out where you can get some free stuff to build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.