FREE Model Competion

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

1. You are still working on the model?

that is correct.

2. It is a free down loadable model and you can provide an active link to the site?

that is correct:

3. You have not re-sized(changed the scale), or re-colored(change most/all of the colors on the model) as to make into something other than the original model? (a different ship in this case)

that is correct, no coloring changes.

4. Only thing you have done is added additional details(bling bling) to the model. But you have not changed any of the original "major" model parts?

that is correct, I have been calling my additions bling bling as well.

5. No completed pictures of the model have been posted before Nov 9 2006 at 19:00 GMT time?

that is correct, the model is not even complete as of yet.

Is this correct? If it is then it can be considered as an entry.

Basically what Yaniv and I want is to show everyone and make available all of the FREE models on the INTERNET. And show how great they can be to get people started in the hobby.

If you make additions to make it more realistic (metal anchors..etc) that will not disqualify you from entry. It would be nice in the post and picture you submit to let everyone know what you added.

yippie!!! I'm in. the entire build has been documented so there should be no problem recognizing what bling, bling has been added.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

See how fun it can be!:grin:
  3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

yes it is

i right now work on the gellary page to post all members pic of thar models

:) itrs realy fun to wait all day long to see some one post :)
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

the site is very neer to be finsh

i hope tomarow finsh the all of the work

i just need to ask the ppl here

whan u finsh a model please send me by e mail the pic for the contest so i will ad it to the member gallery on the contest web site

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

We can get it from the site Yaniv..............
  6. charliec

charliec Active Member

I've got a question about this rule:

It's quite possible to change a model's colour without using software tools such as Photoshop just by altering the printer's ICC settings. We already do this without realising by using settings such as "photo" on the printer. Does using a non-default ICC setting fall into the "recolouring" category.

7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

to make the print page more qulity looking it ok

but to cheng the colors and the paint schem in some graphic softwer or any ather paints its not ok
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah............ as long as it is still faithful to the original and not a different version. We just don't want someone to for example, download a Mig-15 model than was released as a silver bird and re-color it to a camo bird.

Just be as close to the original Free model. This is a contest for showing off the build and what the model looks like original so folks will have an idea of what it looks like before downloading it. Adding details are ok as long as you don't use a software program to add them.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I am very happy to announce that the prizes are going to be very good. Heck I wish I could enter to get some of them!:grin:

There have been some very generous donations from both sellers and members from the site. I am still working with some so I do not have a complete list yet. far we will be awarding as prizes models from these great sellers and designers:

DeWayne from Barnett's Paper Scale Models
    Nobi from Thai Paperwork
    Sumato from Skyline Paper Models
    Gee from Paper AircraftWerks

And also there have donations from some of the members from the site.

I wish to thank the Sellers and Designers for their generious offers and also all the members who have donated prizes so far!

I'm still getting the list worked up and will annouce the prizes very soon!

Y'all start looking and building, this is going to be FUN!

10. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

john thanks alot for all your hard work

i willd like to send BIG thanks for all the judges,disigner,sellers for supporting me and your ida and kip send some oxigen to this old days hobby

i wish to see all the members here play with some free cards just for fun and not for the prize as i start it for fun and work very hard on the web site just for fun

thanks again to all

the site soon to be finsh with the full gallery and buttens :)
  11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

jhon dont make me sorry goin in to the judge list after i see the prize
  12. Darwin

Darwin Member

There's one thing bothering me about the requirement to post the link to the model file....I don't think the direct link is all that great an idea, since some designers in the past have gotten a bit upset over "direct-link" postings to their designs without first going through the main web page. My thought is that the posting should be the link to the main web page of the hosting site, with directions on how to navigate to the download page if it is not immediately obvious to the casual observer. That would also have the advantage (at least in most cases) of exposing the downloader to the full scope of models that might be posted there.
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

That's what I ment. I just want it so that who ever see the picture of a built model and likes it will know where to go and get it, and also know that the link was active at the time of the post.

I don't want to make anyone upset. I'm just trying to make it easier for people to get to free model(s) that intrest them.

Hopefull that was why tthe model was posted as a free model in the first place.

So yes everyone please post the main page link with directions (if needed), as to how to get the model you have built.:grin:

14. sdr mike

sdr mike New Member

Attached Files:

15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice build :) we have ourselves a competition!
  16. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

nice model :)

i need to know 1 thing my friends

what i shuld do on the web site

smol pic and whan u klick on it its open in new big window

or whan u klick on it u going to the web site to download the model

big pic

or model?
  17. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member if the link is no longer active, can the model still qualify?
  18. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I like that build. nice straight wings, looks like you added some nice definition to them as well.
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

So tell me?

OK two entries and I got problems............. hmmmmm. OK guys what should I do?

I would like people who see these wonderfully built FREE models to be able to get them.

BUT the problem of the internet being a fluid being means that an active link today might not be an active link tomorrow!

So tell what should I do? How should I change the rules?

But remember time grows short, and belive me we have a wonderful selection of prizes awaiting the top five finishers!

Oh and the Sopwith Triplane is one of my favorite planes............... man!
  20. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

If it is or was a free download it should be ok. You can't be held responsible if the website is no longer available. Just if you know the link is no longer available don't have it clickable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.