FREE Model Competion

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Excellent Cardmodels!!!

Fabulous contest!!! AND I even found a download I had not previously seen!!!
    (Thunderbirds) Pretty amazing considering the internet scouring I have done.

I wanted to enter but every model I tried to build with the intention to enter ended up as confetti.

Besides...I cannot bring myself to build ANYTHING origional size...not anymore.

In my book, you ALL are winners!!!
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Indeed... I wanna know when we can judge too!
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

The Final Five should be annouced soon............ This is very hard:grin:

4. silverw

silverw Member

Now really John ... can it be THAT HARD.....

.......... I think it's 15 days.... what are you guys looking at ????
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Final Five

Yes it was hard........... lot's of very very good entries and picking just five was tough............. but here is the list of the Final Five. (in no particular order)

Steam Engine

Wicked Wench

F-1 Saturn 5 Rocket Engine

Thunderbird 2

With special commendation for the Gundum Figure.

Attached Files:

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Congratulations to the Final Five winners..................

Everyone really did a wonderful job with the entries and we had a hard time with our selections................

Please look at the new post to pick the ranking for the Final Five and only vote 1 time please.

Sorry I was not able to figure out a poll thing so just ignore that for the moment:oops:

I have enjoyed this thread quite a bit and want to thank all of the entrants for their hard work............

Thanks guys.................. and have fun with the New Free Model competition, I look forward to all those enteries too!

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Tomhom check your PMs
  8. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Just a thought for a "new" contest. I know it was hard enough to pick the final 5, but how about this; seperate the remaining entries into their respective categories (Real space, Sci-Fi, Aircraft, ships, etc..), and pick the best in each category.

Scott K.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Good idea............. but to be truthful, I'm kinda tired and want to relax for a bit:grin:

I am really excited about all the interest this generated and judging(no pun) by the already going on new competition, hopefully others will pick up the torch and do some more competitions! Let's see what's instore with the new year.

I was really overwelmed by both the responses from the entrants and the great people who donated prizes, both dealers and members. We do have a great bunch of people involved with this hobby.

I'm sure that someone will kick off another competition, I just hope I can help make it work better.

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have an idea or two for future competitions - looks like we have enough to keep us busy for now though! although the second freebie build one is out for me - have too many non free builds on my plate ;)
  11. thewoodengraver

I myself have an idea or two too. First gotta break out of my modeling slump.
    John, you did awesome!!! Yaniv you too!!! Everybody involved did fantastic!
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Phil............

I know what you mean............ I have "Builder Block" right now. All I can make are really neat paper balls:oops:

13. thewoodengraver

If someone was running a "botched builds" thread, I would singlehandedly fill the thread!

"Botched Build thread: everybody hack their model to pieces, whichever model looks furthest from trash wins!" you have a pattern for your paper balls??? LOL
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Acutally................ I do have it down to a fine art!
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Congratulation and Thanks!

Okay last update..............

I've email all the winners and they sould be getting their prizes very soon!

I want to thank the Judges who had the hard job of picking just five out of all the entries!

Golden Bear
    Claudios Dias

These guys are a credit to this hobby and I am very proud that they accepted the challange of Judging this Competition...........

I would also like to thank the donors who very graciously let us have the prizes to give to the Five Finalist!

cgutzmer (Chris)

Sumato - Skyline Paper

Gee Chen Paper AircraftWerks

DeWayne - Barnett's Paper Scale Models

Nobi - ThaiPaperWorks

John JCW - Scale Sceens

You guys are the best and your support for this hobby is amazing.......... Thanks!

And I would like to Thank Yaniv for all the hard work he did in making the website and for comming up with this idea and allowing me to help!

Congratulation to the winners and Thanks to all of those who entered......... I really enjoyed all the pictures and was amazed at the diversity that this hobby allows! Planes, trains, automobiles, houses, ships, spacecraft, animated charactors............ we had them all!

Thanks again!

16. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i like first thanks for all the members on this forum for posting thar pic on the contest
    suport and help for any one who need help on this hobby

i like to thanks for the jages for spending thar time on me aמd jhon idas :)
    i like to thanks for the sponser who gave us a great models as a prize

spacial thanks to jhon for suport and help me make this contest for real

also like to thanks for all the members that post thar models in the contest u all did a great job ( for me u all win)

see u on the next contest :)
  17. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

A BIG thanks to Yaniv and John for coordinating and running this, and the judges for their difficult job. It's been fun, but it was a big job for them as well. And certainly thanks to all the very generous vendors!

18. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

I too what to say thanks to all, and special thanks to the judges and all those that gave out the prizes. This was so much fun and I think it went a long way at sparking more interest in this hobby. Thanks so much everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.