FREE Model Competion

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK.......... correct me if I'm wrong...............please!

I count 37 entries............. I've put the pictures on a page for the judges to look at. These are the actual pictures you guys have sent in, BUT, I had to re-sized some and crop others so they would fit and also to remove some background stuff. No highlighting, recoloring or any other inhancements were made, and no part(s) of the model were removed or changed.

This sheet is just for the judges to use, to see all the entries together. They can and should find the entry on the thread if there is any need to look at the original picture.

If no one/entry has been missed I will email this picture to all the judges and we can make our selection for the Final Five. If I have missed some one please YELL at me and I will correct my mistake............

On my side of the world it is Tuesday night, if no one has been missed I will email this on Friday night to the judges.

And boy do we have a tough job.

Thanks again to all who submitted entries, all those who accepted being a judge, and to all those who donated prizes for the winners, both merchants and individuals!

And finally.......... thanks again to Yaniv for coming up with this idea and making the web site for all to see!

Attached Files:

2. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

You have missed my T-55 tank. Thanks
  3. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Does this not contrevene the rules as it has been re-coloured and modified? surely we could have all modified models and then asked the designers permision if we could host the modified files. I am not trying to be a goody goody here but if we are to vote I need to know that all models are within the rules.
  4. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

You missed my I-16 Thank you.
  5. Chief400

Chief400 Member

The recolored skin is avalible as a free download too! It was referenced in the thread that if the modified files were made avalible for free it was ok. Also that should have been "reinforced" the landing gear, I wanted folks to know that it was a bit delicate as is. Seems to happen everytime I enter a modeling contest, so I will withdraw my entry....Sorry to cause confusion.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

my Christmas beaver plane was also missed...
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dang............. I guess I'm showing signs of aging! Or maybe just up too late.

I will add all that were missed by me............... and that should take the entries up to 40.

Chief400.............the re-colored files are available, I guess the question is whether Kancho has a problem with the re-color. I'm betting not because it is a very good job, and a very famous version of the Cat.

For the moment I think your entry will still be counted, unless Kancho has a problem with it.

My entent of the rule was to stop individual re-coloring to enhance the model for this competition, if the files are available publically, and the original designer doesn't have a problem with the changes to his design, I do not think the rule has been violated.

I mean just because it is a new re-color of a model should not prevent it from being in this competition as long as the previous statements are true.

GT550.......... I am sorry for not be able to communicate clear my entent........... Does this clarify the situation?

8. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

The pic of the Airbus is just above the shuttle
  9. GT5500

GT5500 Member

It does help a little but I am sure that texman and woodengraver would have entered if they knew they could re-size a model so long as the designer would allow the files to be offered? it just seems that this gives an un fair advantage as the competition was supposed to showcase what was already freely available. By no means dis allow the Catalina I am happy for it to be entered but I feel some people may not have entered due to the way the rules were interpreted. Makes no odds to me as my entry still isn't finished anyway :-D :-D
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK I am sorry for my poor communication skills, and if someone did not enter because of this I truly apologize and feel bad about it...............

I'm still waiting to hear from Kancho on the "Black Cat", so it's still "in". A full re-color that is available is different from re-scaling the model or re-coloring just to enhance the model for the competition.

Boy I tell ya............. no matter how hard you try and think up exceptions to rules and try and do it right, you always seem to miss something. Kinda drives a person batty:razz:

Ok......... here is the picture (again) with the added models I missed............. but in my defense I went back through the thread and could not find the Rata, and Chris your Santa Beaver picture is missing and I swear I saw the tank, but could not find it again............ old tired eyes.

Oh........... Thank You Doc Harvey for spotting the Airbus and pointing it out............... I appreciate it!

Anyway............. there are 40 pictures and as of right now 40 entries. And has anyone else looked at the variety of the models? Except for the teddy bear............ animals, insect and cartoon characters are about the only ones not modeled. Thunderbird 2 excepted.:-D I probably missed some others but we really did have a wide range of entries.

Attached Files:

11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

from all that we need to sellect only 5?

thar is to mach good models :p
  12. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Is today (Friday 1/5/2007) still the day the winning five are picked?

Thanks - Rich
  13. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Can I just say, all the models are good. Good luck to all the builders and to the judges.
    I have just one gripe though, I thought the 'comp' was for free to download models. I can find all the models, except the 'seaview' submarine model. Did I miss the link to the download page or is a to buy model. I think it is a nice model, but if it is not free to download should it be allowed.

Sorry if this is being picky. It's may be that I would have liked to build it.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I dont even see a link for the seaview..... probably not allowed however this was really just supposed to be for fun, the prizes were a side effect. Lets just move on now and vote!
  15. barry

barry Active Member

Having kept my mouth firmly shut on this thread I will finally admit to being a judge and after this I shall demand at a years rest from jury service. The standard was so good and even that it was an impossible task .That's my excuse !!!!!

Just so you know the rules I applied first I looked at the pictures and liked almost all of them so that did not work. After that I'm afraid if you forgot to colour an edge or got a bump in a fuselage you were out and that still left me with problems because there were only 5 to win this section.

In the end I have no doubt I got it wrong so the last pick was done subjectively otherwise we would still be here next year.

This has got to be the best competition ever here with more entries than anything before so well done Bow and Janiv.

Congratulations to all the entrants

best regards

16. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Barry, I say you should have the time off, tuff job, glad its not me. Just the same, thanks for taking your time for this competition. You will do great. Thank you and all the judges.
  17. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

As one who did not enter the contest, I just want to thank the judges and sponsors for donating their time and product to this. I certainly enjoyed this thread and hope to enter the next contest (almost made this one but some unscheduled conflicts (previously unknown commitments my wife made for me) meant that my project was only 90% complete by the deadline). :(
  18. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i willd like to thank to all the ppl are involved this contest

to bow for helping me make it more than just ida
    for the judjes that speend thar free time on selecting the 5 models
    for the sponser who spend ther prodect for that contest and for pushing this contset for real
    and must off all for all the members he make thar models and being a part of this contest anf funy topic

wish u all the best luck and if not

dont forget

19. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

YES, I also would like to thank those who organised the contest and those who will be judging it for their time and effort.
    Things like this help to generate interest in the hobby and hopefully get more people involved.
  20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

FREE Model Competition

To the judges:

Do we get to vote for the 5 contestants soon?

Bengt :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.