FREE Model Competion

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Just finished this one. Ralph Currell's V-2 test version. Nice kit, as all of his are, the fit and detail is excellent! It only took 6+ years for me to build! Printed right after it's release, started maybe 2 years later, returned to 3 months ago, and finished over the past 4 days. I've seen many other entries that are better, but thought I'd add my 2 cents anyway... Model here;

Scott K.

Attached Files:

• V2.jpg
      File size:
      103.9 KB
  2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Scott, what are you saying, great job and good luck.
  3. eagleone

eagleone Member

Attached Files:

4. Richard

Richard Member

and here's my entry,
    didn't want to build anything complicated so I ended up building 'Moritz', a captured AEC Dorchester command vehicle from

Attached Files:

5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :mad: man this is so annoying I have been working at warp speed all day on my entry but I still haven't finished, I was thinking of missing out on new years eve celebrations to get it finished!. With all the family visiting through the holiday and still having to work I just haven't had enough building time :( .It is my most complicated build to date (put it this way I am on page 8 of A4 parts) and its comming along great its also a bit different I was hoping to do well. Why oh why does the competition finish today. Oh well I will stop crying now and wish good luck to all the great entries that unlike me managed to finish in time :-D Good luck everyone may the better person then me win 8)
  6. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

make up a new ID and say your from hawaii, United states. That will give you another 12 hours. ;)
  7. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Yah, to bad the international date line doesn't work the other way around, then you could say you were from China, lol. Sorry could not resist. But just do your best, you might still make it, if not then at least you can say you faced the chalenge and did your best. And please share it with us when ever you get done. Good luck.
  8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I was actually joking, but I think in keeping within the spirit of the competition, as long as you finish by midnight, December 31, 2006 anywhere in the world, I know I'm not abject to allowing the entry. That would give you fortunate people in England some nearly 24 extra hours to complete. Here in NY some 19, etc. CA people don't carry watches so it doesn't matter to them... ;)))

The Judges will have to make the call though...
  9. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Hey jleslie48, thanks so much for your site. We all ouw you alot. Just started working on a new design, and when its done, I'm going to give it to you for your site. Thanks again.
  10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Definately echo those sentiments. To that end, Jon- check your email!
  11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

the party is over :)

i wish good luck to all the great entries

john mybe we will make a extra day for the 1/1/2007 like a bunos day

as we see in the last night (31/12))we see lots of killer enters
  12. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

I say go for it, if they can get then in before say 12:00 tomorrow then let them in.
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Dang, I hope so.

I'm having problems uploading my picture to image shack. I've been trying to get it up there for an hour and a half now.:(

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, here is my late entry. The Haunted Mansion.
    Whether it is disqualified for being late or not, I still wanted to at least show it.:)

The model was designed by Ray Keim.

Here is the website's home page, where the model can be found...

Click the fourth link down on the right for this and many more fantastic designs!

15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

great! I hope they count it :)
  16. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Beautiful building and it was entered before New Year's Day on the West Coast, Hawaii, etc. :)

Russell, can you add the link to the model's site?
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks guys!

The link is below the pic.:-D

18. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Sorry guys but all this talk of the deadline being different for other countries is incorrect, the rules state that the competition ended at 00:00 GMT on the 31-12-06. Sorry if it sounds like sour grapes because I didn't finish in time but I just wanted to let you guys know.
  19. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

nice model and great job :)
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Competition is closed........ no more posts--please!

OK guys.............. no more posts.............. the contest is over and the judges will make the choices for the final five.

We also will have to decide on Russell's entry............but I'm inclined to be nice because I spent today fishing and did very well. AND since this is supposed to be a fun competition and we have dented the rules somewhat already this will not be a precedent:grin:

We will try and compile an email for the judges with a picture of all entries, and then we will try and do a poll so everyone can vote on the winners places.

After the Final Five have been chosen then we will have the voting poll acive for two weeks.

Congratulations to all contestants............... you have made the judges decisions not an easy task!

Everyone who entered or just watched the thread are truely winners because we saw some fantastic models posted that anyone can get and build for themselves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.