FREE Model Competion

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bowdenja, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This is to announce that a completion has started for all to participate in.
    New Modelers, Old Modelers, New Old Modelers, Old New Modelers, Men Women, Children, and pets as long as they can handle a knife safely!:grin:

The rules for this completion will be as follows. Also note that the rules can be amended at anytime.

1................. It must be a free INTERNET model and you must post an ACTIVE link. It can be anything modeled from paper. (Planes, building, trains, cars , ships, animal, mineral, or vegetable, real or imagine, etc........)

2................. One (1) entry per person

3................. Model must be in original release scale and colors. No re-sizing or re-coloring. We want everyone to see what they will be getting if they want to download it.

4................. Only 1 picture posted per model, MUST be scaled to as close to, BUT not larger than 640 x 480. And you must post your picture in this thread. The judges may ask for more pictures and if requested please supply no more than three (3) pictures, but only if requested.

5................. The model entered MUST NOT have been shown publicly by the submitting builder before 19:00:00 GMT November 09, 2006. And the submitter must be the builder of the model entered.

6................. The Finalist List will be posted and members will be allowed to vote for the winner from this list. It will be like a poll and one vote per member. In the event of a tie the Judges will have final say on the winner, AND their decision will be final.

7................. Deadline for entries will be 00:00:00 GMT December 31, 2006. At which time the judges will decide on the Finalist List and post them in the poll. Voting will be allowed for two (2) weeks after the date of the post. The winner will be decided by popular vote and again in the event of a tie the judges will determine the winner.

6................. The judges decisions on the selections of the Finalist List for the site vote will be final. AND also in the event of a tie from the popular vote the decision of the winner by the judges will be final. No arguments.

Lets have FUN............. build some Free Models.

john & yaniv
  2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

my model is on is way to print right now

i will not add it to the contast becoz i am part of the judge so its not feer if i put it on but i will pablish the finel pic of it

the model is the I-16 free 1/33 scale

this is the link
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

My opinion is that you should not be discluded because you are a judge. If you win we will come up with a prize for you :)
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i not discluded i just think make this plan for long time and thats one of the reson i start thid contest :)

but i will not put it on thecontast to win ...just put the finel pic :)
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Maybe I just missed it but are there prizes or is the prize just bragging rights?
  6. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

New Contest

When do we post the pic and link? At the same time? Also, what if I can't remember where I got the free model? I wish authors of free models would include the link to the model in the pages of the kit! I've downloaded so many I don't always remember where I got them!

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes there will be prizes, I working on them.............. oh and yeah bragging rights too.

8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I'm in!!
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

When you post your picture, put it in the same post.

I know it hard when we download all the time, but you will need the link.

I'm wanting this to be a educational and helpful competition so everybody, especially new modlers, can have a place to find models and then know where to get it.

Souldn't be too hard to find the link again. Heck ask folks here (GW) and they probably can tell ya the link.

10. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i know that john work for a prize for as

but just let u know and power to start work

if we not found any prize i will gave 1 of my booklet models for free for the first place winner
    how its sound for u?
  11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

i need some help:(

i know that thar is some ppl that work hard on photoshop

i cant think and found any graphix pic for the web site

such as smoll bunners and some main pic

some one here can please help us to make it look butter?

12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

this is what we have for now

(i work on it sinc 7 am israel time)

Attached Files:

13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looks real good Yaniv!

14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

The Tumbler

I've posted my Tumbler yesterday at 14:00 GMT....:( Do you accept it for the contest:twisted:

Oh my... If I have seen this contest before...

Anyway, here's a pic of it

15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WOW! The first entry and I have to make a tough decision.

By the rules..........Rule #5

Cláudio I have to regretfully say that I can not accept your entry because it was posted publically before the start. I'm very sorry.

But check your PM's (private messages), I have sent you a message.

16. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

hard work for me today on the web site for the contast but i finsh the main work right now

just need to fix some thing and add some gallerys and some mamber profiles

tell me please what u think
  17. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I've checked my private messages, but inbox is empty...
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Cláudio,

Sorry I sent it to the wrong person:oops:

Check it now.

19. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I think my build will be disqualified too I think:

while the completed model should be in the target dates, and it is a full size
    build, I have added a bunch of detail that is not included in the downloadable version, some not paper, some kit bashes, for example, my son's orthodontist has supplied parts (boring ends for the cannons (the rubber bands), treasure chest tooth holders,)
    I kit bashed parts from another free model to enhance the model, and probably the most flagrant violation, I purchased (gasp) from a hobby store lead cast anchors to replace the paper ones. I've also picked up from the $1 table of costume jewelry a bunch of chain and bling parts that will also be used to finish the model.

What say you judges???
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

jleslie48............. let me get this correct.

1. You are still working on the model?

2. It is a free down loadable model and you can provide an active link to the site?

3. You have not re-sized(changed the scale), or re-colored(change most/all of the colors on the model) as to make into something other than the original model? (a different ship in this case)

4. Only thing you have done is added additional details(bling bling) to the model. But you have not changed any of the original "major" model parts?

5. No completed pictures of the model have been posted before Nov 9 2006 at 19:00 GMT time?

Is this correct? If it is then it can be considered as an entry.

Basically what Yaniv and I want is to show everyone and make available all of the FREE models on the INTERNET. And show how great they can be to get people started in the hobby.

If you make additions to make it more realistic (metal anchors..etc) that will not disqualify you from entry. It would be nice in the post and picture you submit to let everyone know what you added.

Some of the designers and sellers are going to contribute prizes for this in the hope that once people see how well the free models can look they(the model builders) will feel better about paying for models that they would like to build.

This is a great hobby as we all agree and getting new or new to paper modeling people involved will be a boost to it. We have a lot of new members and lots of guest visiting the site and maybe this will be the kicker to get them involved.

And besides it will be fun to see what everyone choose to build and how well thye can build them!:grin:

Wow........... sorry for the long post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.