Free Model #4

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendigo

Wendigo Member

OK, my conversion from a Rickenbacker 330 to a 360 guitar paper model is completed. Here's another pic:

So, yeah outersketcher, ROCK ON!
  2. I.Nicolae

I.Nicolae I.Nicolae

That was my project , is ready to be judged..:wave:

Attached Files:

3. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

The final picture :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

• e.jpg
      File size:
      137.3 KB
  4. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Actually, I'll just do my original entry. I didn't start building Blizzaia L, so...
  5. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

How's everyone doing? With just 20 days to go it will be a miracle if I finish in time. We have a few prizes that have been donated but if anyone else has an unbuilt kit or a few bucks they want to contribute please PM me.
    Good Luck!
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

As much as I want to finish my model for the competition, I have to step down, as I cut my right thumb with a big nasty table-top glass, and had a surgery last week. So no modeling for me fr the next 2-3 months... :curse: :cry:

My best luck to all the participants here!
  7. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

A week to go! So far I've received a bunch of great prizes for the winners. Cash and kits to be awarded after the judging. Just remember, you can still enter something now. I've built a winning kit in just a few days. Good Luck!
  8. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Im having builders block ;( I'm gonna try and finish up Blizzaia L instead of my previous tries :) -Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all finish before the dead line.
  9. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Less than three hours to go! Final photos must be posted here by 23:59:59PST to qualify. Good Luck!
  10. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Contest Ended

Will post judging procedure shortly.
  11. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

It's judging time!

I tried to make this as easy as possible. From the pictures below, decide which entry you feel should be first by noting the entry number. Continue until you have selected a first through third place. PM me your selections.

Judging is open to anyone registered in the forum. Please only one PM per registrant.

Refer to individual build threads for additional pictures.

Judging suggestions:

Rate entries based on craftsmanship including seams, accuracy and overall cleanliness.

Finish should be only be rated if finger prints or building blemishes exist. If a common level of competition is to be achieved, printer quality shouldn't be a factor.

Subject matter should be only a secondary deciding factor as well as complexity and time spent.

Building speed and entry submission time shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Things to consider if tie breakers are necessary:

Edge Coloring
    Extra Cutting (opening doors, cutting out windows & spokes)

The above suggestions are only suggestions. Please vote anyway you choose.

Voting ends midnight January 15th 23:59:59 PST. Votes will be tallied and posted as well as prizes awarded.

Good Luck and Congratulations to All!

Attached Files:

12. zealousy

zealousy Member

Wow...good luck everyone! :)And oh....Happy New Year to all!!!
  13. I.Nicolae

I.Nicolae I.Nicolae

happy new year!!!
  14. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Calling judges!

One more week of judging. I've only heard from a few of you.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

only 5 models ... wow
  16. zealousy

zealousy Member

Hmmm..yeah I was wondering too....last time there were 18 entries and all of them were awesome! Even this comp had very very cool entries but most didn't finish in time :( wonder why???
  17. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Yeah,.. funny how it goes that way sometimes. I noticed that the participants were much more modest this time around. Maybe a little more hollaring for attention will attract more attention next time?

Still, I voted. And there is some nice work here!
  18. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

I just cast my vote. It was hard to choose a winner, all are very nice models. Good luck to all who entered.
  19. I.Nicolae

I.Nicolae I.Nicolae

Hi, everyone ,I can't wait the big moment , I am interested in the next contests,in fact in all contests, because I enjoy challenges, good luck to all and next time I hope to see more card cutters here , regards to all from Romania:wave: and a few words ( I have learned many tricks from this site to improve my work style) Thanks..
  20. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Thump, Thump, Thump......Is this Thing On?

15 hours to go. Only heard from 8 judges. I need all votes by midnight PST.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.