Free Model #4

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Since last contest was such a success, I thought would like to keep the momentum going and continue to facilitate the next contest.

Contest will run from now until December 31, 23:59:59 PST.

So, here are the rules

1) Find a model on the internet that is offered as a free download and must have a valid link. Model must exist as a complete download at the beginning of this contest. Sorry no designing as you go.

2) Post entry name and valid link to model here in this thread.

3) Post a separate "build report" in your appropriate category ... with pictures (if possible)... while you are building the model. Only models started in the build report are eligible. Build report should be completed, with final entry picture by the close of the contest. Please post final picture(s) here on this thread also. Add "Free Model #4" to the thread title to feature contest threads. Example: Free Model #4 – Digital Navy Ambrose

Entries will be judged by forum members by PM. Judging will remain open for 2 weeks after the end of contest so members may cast votes.

Unlike the last contest, all modifications are allowed. Recoloring, additional parts & extra detailing are all acceptable.

Prizes will be announced at a later date.

Contest host retains the right to modify contest rules and prizes at any time.

Thank you in advance for your participation and let building begin!
  2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Yay! Another free model contest, count me in! I'll be entering Gundam EX-S, just a heads up ^_^ [Nevermind]
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

No way... another one!! I might not have time for this one... but every entrants, good luck! And thanks to Todd for arranging this!
  4. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

well have just watched in the background on the past comp's think i might enter into this one...better start looking about! good luck to all :thumb:
  5. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Cool , I'm in , only I could decide the model to choose for this contest.
  6. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...On second thought... I'm in. Project to be decided later...
  8. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Soooo.... should I move my Canon Giraffe recolor to this contest? It looks to me like the two contests have been combined.

Either way, I'm still going "full steam" on the steam punk Giraffe! : )
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

not if you started before this one started.
  10. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Then the two contests are indeed still seperate. I thought they'd been combined into one.
    I'll be focused on the recolor, but will watch the free model #4 threads with interest.

Good luck to all and I look forward to being amazed again. : )
  11. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Now I wish I'd held off on starting my tumbler... It was going to be my entry for the next comp but I couldn't wait any longer... hopefully I'll finish it in time to get an entry into this comp, the last one looked like a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the builds inspired by this competition.
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

hmmmm... interesting rules this time...

lemme think about it... :twisted:
  13. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Build entry: Blizzaia L
    Build Thread: Coming soon
  14. charliec

charliec Active Member

15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

We have indeed a momentum! It just started on Monday and with 3 models on the run already!!! Or is it 4?

I have to catch on!!!

NULLMOON Member

17. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

I'm In!

The last contest was so much fun, there were some truly amazing models built. I think this time around it will be even better yet! I hope that more people decide to join in on all the fun and excitement. Now I just have to decide what to build...? I want to shift gears a little this time around and try my hand at something new - I'm just not 100% sure what I want to do...

18. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

count me in too todd :)
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I hope the pictures of the PZIV get posted on the artist's site. I'm sure he would be thrilled to know his model was built to win. :wave:

Too bad you didn't enter the T-34. I can see that a change from last subject would be a good thing though.

Perhaps you could build a plane?
  20. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

Steve, I've tried to email the photos to the address posted on the ICM website a few times but they keep getting kicked back as undeliverable.
    If anyone out there knows a different email address please let me know.

As far as the the T-34 goes, I plan on building it at some point but right now I need to take a break from all of those tracks and road wheels.

I've been thinking about building something completely different this time around. I really like the Wicked Wench from the Disney Experience site.
    I have a few Ideas that I've been kicking around in my head and this would be the perfect model to try them out on. Once I get back to work next week I can get the pages printed out and get things moving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.