[Free Model #4] - Millennium Falcon

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Okay, first off I don't have a clue where I found it, though I'm pretty sure it was at a website called "Imperial City Online(sp?)" It's the most incredible model of the Millennium Falcon(or any Star Wars ship) I've ever found and I always wanted an excuse to build it.

Can someone identify it and post the link? I've gone through all the sites I know of (which are, admittedly, few in number), but I don't know where the heck I found it. Once I have an I.D. on it, I'll start building it. I have grand plans for it, such as making parts which are flat 3D.

Here's a pic of the engine deck PDF. Someone here was building on it(and it got trashed by his son's friend).

2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

3. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Yeah, that was mine that got destroyed. I started it again but haven't gotten past the point that the other thread ended at so won't be posting any pics til I do.

You're right, it's an incredible model. Are you going to build it full size? Mine was just over 1/2 size. Can't wait to see the extras you add to it. Will you be releasing those?
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Thanks for the link, Getter! Now I can start on the build.

As any extras will be custom-cut on the spot, I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to create them for release. Since *every* detail will be laminated though, I'm sure it'll be sufficient to take pictures of what I do. Since I have a couple of months to add all the detail I want, this will be the best build I can do. I'll also be making use of my Iwata airbrush to repaint the kit, and I'll also add a lighting system for the headlights and landing lights. I may even be tempted to scratchbuild landing gear. All the landing bays are clearly marked, so all I have to do is scratchbuild the bays, cut the gear covers apart, and build miniature door hinges for them. I'll also put in the various cables and wires that attach to he gear which are visible in the first part of "The Empire Strikes Back".

Yep, it'll be full-size. :twisted:

I'll start up tomorrow.
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Well, shoot. I was going to get some work done on it today, but I just seemed to have other things to do. I'll try to find time tomorrow. I probably shouldn't be in any hurry to do this, because the deadline is months away and I need to do a good job on this.
  6. Griffworks

Griffworks Plastic and Resin Modeler

Very kewel. Are you going to blow this one up and/or set it on fire, too? :)
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Heck no! There's not enough weapons on this ship for it to be much of an addition to my fleet. :twisted:

Actually, I'm going to wait a bit on this while I build Flarebaffeled's Star Destroyer.