Free Model #3

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Ok, Ill jump in with both feet. How do I set up the build thread ? I.E., how do I get started. Im intending to do the Currell SpaceshipOne.
    If somebody could just point me in the right direction Ill start running.
  2. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Yet Another News Flash!!!...

Due to a generous donation by Cardstalker, we have another $70 added to the prize pool. Also I have added several more kits to the prizes as well as a 4th and a 5th place. See updated contest rules for breakdown.

If there are still lurkers out there, join in the fun, there are prizes to be won.
  3. gian7675

gian7675 Member

I've been looking at this thread over and over and over and over again for this past few days. Competition...join the fun...:rolleyes:

Darn why not :mrgreen: Sign me up!

Not sure if it's just coincidence but in the last few days a favorite subject of mine came up as a freebie...

My entry will be...Free Model #3 LZ-129 Hindenburg that can be found at this site
  4. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

So, to clarify, this would include photo-etch details such as railings and ladders as long as they are replacing existing printed parts, not sprucing up the model with details not included in the printed original? Or would that be defeating the purpose of the contest?

5. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

If the photo-etch parts match the printed parts then yes, they are acceptable. If they are different, such as more detail or a texture that doesn't exist in the original, then it should be left out.
  6. mpakier

mpakier Member

And what if you provide parts with additional details and textures
    as a free download that extends the original?
  7. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

That would be ok. I am designing a new stand for my entry which I will provide as a download.
  8. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

So...what if you used a horribly disfigured pepakura file but modified it and allowed it to be downloadable?
    Eh, never mind, I can't do that without the designer's permission, and from the looks of it, he won't ever come back...judging that he's been inactive since November of last year, and seems as if he disappeared from
    the net :/
  9. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Little over half way through the contest. How is everyone doing? Lots of prizes to be won!
  10. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

Right on schedule - Once I get the tracks done it will all be down hill from there.

Is it possible to create a master list of everyone who is entered in one central location along with a link to their build? If not, I guess the only way to see everyones build is to scroll down thru all of the posts here in this thread.
  11. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

I was wondering the same thing. How may builds do we have going? Also, I was thinking, and this is a question for the administrators, it would be nice if there were a tool bar or block on the front page for current competitions. Kind of like how we show birthdays or current polls. That way it is always out there in front to remind people that we have competitions, and makes it easier for everyone to keep track of what is going on. What does everyone think of the idea?
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wellll Hmmmm I cant really setup a block up on the front page. I could however create an announcement tpye thing like I have done in the past. I think it would get kind of obnoxious though after a while. If the owner of the contest would like to keep such a list of entrants in his first post that would be his choice :) might be a bit of work to setup but it would be handy!
  13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Even if it was just a title for Current Competitions with a link to the competition section, for quick access, anything that would keep people aware.
  14. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

We could add a link under the (Card Model Info) block maybe?
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I suggest searching for the text "Free Model #3" in the thread title, to get a list of threads which can then be put together...
  16. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Not everyone started their threads that way though. And I don't think you can change the thread title after you start it.
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the person who started the thread can edit the title.
  18. metoo

metoo Member

I tried to do that but the only thing I could change was the title to the first message. This did not change the title of the thread though. Am I doing something wrong?
    My thread is:

19. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Nope, you can't change that bit once it's posted. I've edited your thread title for you though.

Anyone else who has started a thread for the competition and would like me to edit your title feel free to send me a PM with a link to the thread and i'll get it sorted.
  20. metoo

metoo Member

Thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.