Free Model #3

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyzmo

Gyzmo New Member

Oh noez, teh machines are organizing! :eek: We humans must defend ourselves!

My weapon of choice: the Old-School Nintendo Zapper! sign1

Ninjatoes' miscellaneous models

Yes, this is my official entry - advanced though it may be, it's sure t'be fun, too! I'll get a build thingy up ASAP!
  2. cbg

cbg Member

modele-kartonowe link missing?

This may have escaped my notice, but has (CardPlane) moved or changed its name or is their DNS down? My old bookmark for this site comes up dead.

This site has great free models, among them several Fokker E.IIIs, an I-16, RWD-25, among other offerings in 1/33-scale.

As I'd like to enter one of their models in competion, I gotta have a live link.

Anyone here in the know? cbg
  3. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I wanted to check something guys.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm currently designing my entry. The Gundam GP03. Here's my thread: . I'm currently at the texturing stage and I want to start building as I go to be sure I meat the deadline. Also I need to tst build it before I can release it.

Here's the problem, because it's not yet finished, it isn't available as a free download. YET. I really don't want to build it twice but I'd really like to enter it.

I want to know if anyone objects to me doing this and entering my testbuild to this comp?

This model will be a free download as soon as it's done which will be well before the deadline, so it will qualify come judging.

Nothing will prevent this from becoming a free model. All of my design are. :)

What do you think?? Please say so if you really object and I'll withdraw from the comp( I won't have time to complete this and build another model for the comp). I won't hold a grudge. :)

I just wanted to make sure before starting a detailed build thread.
  5. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

As long as the link to model is valid at the end of contest and it contains all the parts needed you complete the model as submitted, it is in.
  6. Master-Bruce

WOO HOO!!!! Thanks very much. Tha won't be a problem. I was planning on posting my build pics to my design thread. Is that Ok? Or would I need to start a seperate "build" thread?

Thanks again, I'm so happy!
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

it would seem to me that the contest should be about free models that are available, not models that will be available. my model was turned down because i started the build 3 days before the contest was posted but you will accept a design as long as it is available in the future. doing this would preclude anyone else from entering the same model into the contest because it is not available. it is after all a build contest not a design contest. i know my opinions dont account for much but thats how i see it.
  8. Darwin

Darwin Member

9. Master-Bruce

You seem a little irrate there nothing?? I have no advantage here, I'm designing and building my entry before the June deadline. In some respects I have MORE work to do. Most are just building their entry. True this is a free model comp and my model technically isn't "free" yet as it isn't currently available.

But you of all people should know that all my models are free. Always have been, always will.

Would you prevent an entry in a month's time because the model they're entering wasn't available at the time the comp started?? This is really no different.

However, if this is going to cause a problem, I'll withdraw. No hard feelings and I wish you all luck. :)
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i think you miss the point. i did not question that it would be free. lets say for arguments sake i whant to enter your gundam. where can i down load it? i have to wait till the end of the competition to get it. you already stated you are going to enter it. but there is no valid download link. this should be a contest of available kits at the time of the contest. not of upcoming kits available in the future. it sound more like you are the one irritated that i would argue this point. i gave myself as an example of the opposite situation you are in.i couldnt enter mine because it wasnt at the time of the competion
    by the same token yours is not at the time of the competition. there are other following this trend of entering kits not yet available. its not about advantage. the contest is about free kits available now that can be completed in the time allowed. this is an opinion that holds no malice. but i am sure you and others here will just take it personally and continue to try and dog me for my views. so be it.
  11. Master-Bruce

Nothing, I thought we were friends buddy I don't understand your attitude?????

I'm not irrate about this, did I not say I'd drop out and then wish you luck? I'm being a sport. :)

However, I think you've misunderstood something. True my Gundam isn't available at this present time. Though it will be finished within a month and plenty of people could download, build and enter it into this competition if they so choose.

Toddlea said I had to ensure that a valid downloadlink is posted by the end of the comp but I'll be posting one as soon as it's ready. Which will be within a month. That's plenty of time for someone else to get it. So that would qualify my model. Wouldn't it? BTW, in regards to your entry. I wasn't one of the members who objected your 3 day headstart. I though 3 days was nothing compared to the 6 month duration of the comp. ;)

I wanted to enter the comp for fun and community spirit. I really don't think I have a chance of winning. It was important to me to enter my GP03 as I'm proud of it.

Anyway, if you want to take this stance and act this way I'll leave you to it. I shall not be taking part in the comp. JUST to please you. :)

I wish you well.
  12. sherban

sherban Member

The contest is a good thing, it has rules and and ways to appreciate someone work, ok, but, from my point of view, building your vision in paper and shareing your work with others on the same "vawe" is a much better thing
  13. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Contest Entry

Here's my entry, USS Mendota, civil war sidewheeler. Got started yesterday.

How do I do this? Start a separate thread or post progress here?

I'm sorry I cannot figure out how to get the image from their site to this one. It's a RNR file

She's found at http.www//

14. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

15. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Contest Entry

No problem at all. I'm "Hooked On Phonics" computer literate. Can pronounce most of it but haven't a clue to what it means. Thanks
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

again you miss the point. im not in it nor do i require you to drop out. all im saying is that maybe yall should design it, finish it then enter it when there is a valid link. the competion is over in what june?that gives everyone 6 months to build it. if thy whant to build one that is released in say april that only gives them 2 months to build it.thats why my view, opinion is that the contest should be about what is freely available at the time of the contest. everyone has access to the same models and the same amount of time from the get go.

again this is a personal opinion, a viewpoint. i should be able to voice my personal opinion (which was not demeaning,smearing or bad spirited) without someone taking it personal and attempting to discredit me,or make me out to be the bad guy.

you should be proud of your design. you are doing an awsome job on it. but that doesnt affect the contest or my opinion.
    i think its really sad that you are so worked up because i have a viewpoint that differs from yours.
  17. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Please post your build thread in the appropriate category.(Ship and Watercraft models). Good Luck!
  18. Master-Bruce

Nothing. I'm really not worked up buddy. More surprised at your reaction seeing as your not taking part. Let's end this there, there's no need to pursue this matter and spoilt this thread and comp for others.
  19. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Is EX-S Gundam a Valid Link? I'm not sure of I'm able to post that :/
    If so, I'll enter that ^^
  20. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

This seems to be getting a little messy guys. Can I suggest that Toddlea considers the various posts and makes a final decision to draw a line under this part of the discussion.

You've both stated your cases well. Let Toddlea make the decision, and everybody will know exactly what the rules are. His competition, his rules when it comes down to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.