Free Model #3

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Competition End Date

So what does everyone think? Should we extend the contest to June 30th to allow for building time? I could probably use the extra time. I look forward to your comments.
  2. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

Sure, No objections here! :thumb: The more time the better.
    Oh, before I forget, I want to send a big THANK YOU out to those of you who put up the great prizes.
  3. Darwin

Darwin Member

The extension works for me. Does anyone know what happened to Is the Il-10 kit that was posted there still available somewhere on the net?
  4. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I, for one, would really appreciate the extra time as things have started off with chaos this year and I won't even be able to start for a month or more.
  5. mpakier

mpakier Member

I have no problem with the extra time.
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Me neither. I've become a tad busy right now but I'll have the time soon. I still can't decide what to build?

I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer. Can I enter a model I designed it? Even if it is free to download?
  7. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

If the kit has a valid download link to everyone, sure you can do one of your own design. Good Luck!
  8. Master-Bruce

That's great news thanks. I'm currently designing a Gundam model that will be freely available shortly. When it is I'll start my build thread then. That way, it will be a free model come the time I enter.

Better get my skates on to finish it now.
  9. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Another News Flash!!!...

Due to a gracious donation by Mpakier, we have more prizes to the winners.

1st Place - Shipyard nr 21 HMS Cleopatra
    2nd Place - Halinski 6/2006 USS Heermann
    3rd Place - Halinski 3/2003 Yukikaze

Thank You Mpakier for the donation.

Well, executive decision time. Since several members like the decision to move the contest out to June 30th, I agree with it and it has been moved. Good Luck!!!...

Contest Rules Updated.
  10. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Wow, surprises just keep coming. I’m going to say ok to the change of rules. Knowing about the real deadline I would probably choose a different model. However, the competition is, most of all about fun for me, I’m going to stay with my choice but just stretch it out instead.

11. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

If there's still time, I'd like to enter with this 1955 BPL SnoCat I've been eyeing for a while now. It's a simple model, but it's just screaming for a build with a little layering and some embossing. Here's the link..

Paper Sno-cat Download page

12. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Glad to have you join in. Good Luck!
  13. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

If you back up a bit on the url of their website, (Home of Kblaauw) and click on "paper"... you'll find lots of pictures of the designers original build. I only hope I can do as well.

14. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

I'm OK with the extension. Having trouble getting my s--- together anyway; doing a couple practice builds before I get into the race. Been a LONG time since I built anything. Thanks to the contributors, we all appreciate it!
  15. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

I think I'm in on this will mark my first WIP build thread too. I've been here for a while, and think the world of the people on this forum. I know I'll get a lot of good feedback.

Here is the link...though I don't know which I'm going to build...the first one (Morskoj) I'm thinking. I played this style in the game a lot, though mine was completely custom.

It will also be the first time I've built something this complicated. I've done a couple of FG planes, RonC's Enterprise deck (which got wet and ended up trash basically last week :curse: ), and some small, simple stuff for the kids.

And thanks to those making this contest possible!!

Later taters,
  16. fagsilva

fagsilva New Member

Hello guys,
    I'll put my project inside the competition, it is a Yamaha Motor YZF-R1.
    It's the link papercraft:

Good luck everyone!

Fabricio :wave:
  17. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Welcome to new entrants to the contest.

You'll have fun with the R1. (Extra credit if you build the shop equipment.)
  18. Master-Bruce

This is going to be my entry.

I've started the thread to document the design and then to cover as a build thread too. I'm almost ready to start unfolding now.
  19. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

skupilkinson, please post link to model when available. Welcome to the contest!
  20. Master-Bruce

Will do. It'll be in the downloads section here but I'll post when it is. I start unfolding it tonight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.