Free Model #3

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

True. That is a good point.
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well i started only 3 days before the announcement. but thats fine. i wont enter it to be fair.
  3. Master-Bruce

Nothing, at the rate you build and the quality of which you build, you'll have no trouble meeting the March deadline anyway eh?

4. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

How about edge coloring and layering to enhance depth? Are these OK?
  5. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Edge coloring and layering is fine. I use layering often to enhance a simple kit.

I can send cash awards to winners anyway they choose. PayPal is just easier.
  6. Master-Bruce

Cool. I'm in the UK though. :) I'denter regardless as I fell I lack the focus to stay with a model to the end when I build. This would be a great incentive to complete a build.

The only problem is picking one. LOL
  7. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

O.K., Count me in. Don't expect too much, though, I've been stagnant for a while(lazy).
  8. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

If a model of about sixty parts isn’t too small, I will sign up. I was going to build this little red Ferrari some day anyway. Link to the site is here:

So, if it’s ok with you guys, I’m in and looking forward to sharing the fun.

P.S. Since we build models of various sizes, I have no problem with who starts when.
  9. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Hi everybody,
    I put my present project aside to take place in the competition.
    Toddlea, thanks for putting it together. I’m looking forward to everybody’s posts and pictures. Here is the link to my thread:

Good luck everyone!

10. mpakier

mpakier Member

Hello. I'm in. The only model I finished was during the last free model competition. So now it's time to build a next one. I will write some more
    details later this week (when I start). Now I have some questions:

- Is it allowed to resize the model?
    - Can I add additional parts, not present in the original model but
    described in my build thread so everybody can make them for himselve
    - Is it possible to paint some parts?
    - How about wires. Can I use them to build ladders, railings, antennas, ropes, etc. ?
  11. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

You can scale your kit to any percentage you wish. Please refer to contest rules at the beginning of this thread for acceptable modifications.
  12. mpakier

mpakier Member

I's there a way to inform more people people about the competition?
    I remember last year there was an info attached to each message on the forum. I think that most people simply don't know that the competition exists.
  13. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

News Flash!!!...

Due to a gracious contribution by Cláudio Dias. All prizes have been doubled.

First Place - $50
    Second Place - $30
    Third Place - $10

Join in the fun, theres real money to be won!!!...
  14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Of course, I'd like to participate!!! :mrgreen:
  15. Master-Bruce

Well, I'd love to enter now. Thanks Claudio!! ;)

I just need to select a model.
  16. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice Claudio!

I will be entering. My model is the Porsche 935 from - the Martini version. The link the the download page is Porsche 935 | YMjr Paper Models .

I will of course be starting a build thread. Unfortunately when I downloaded the initial pictures from the camera last night, they were blurry - so I'll get some more today ;)
  17. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Surprise, surprise!
    Cláudio, thanks for the boost.:thumb:
  18. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Skip, Dan, Rutek,

My pleasure! Hope more people get in!
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

If I might offer a suggestion if no one objects....

with this kind of purse extend the deadline out another couple months. This is the biggest prize I think I have ever seen!
    p.s. I think i will write up a general announcement after you let me know about the deadline .....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.