Free Model #3

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Just 17 days to go! How's everyone doing? I just might make the deadline.
  2. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

All parts printed. Just trying to finish Bumblebee ...:cry:
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Work has stopped progress for a week, it's gonna be tough to get all the detail finished in time - I'll give it my best tho............
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--I'm still waiting to see that Hindenburg coming to shape... :D
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Well I'm done! And it only took a week and two days! :D

I didn't see my name on the list, btw. :confused: Build thread is here and the free model is available here.
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

7. Millenniumfalsehood

Thanks! Anybody who has tried them knows how hard it is to make spheres. :wink:

I'm looking over the entries, and there are so many cool ones! I'm almost tempted to withdraw mine in case fate decides to let it place over them.

Almost. Not quite, but . . . almost. :twisted:
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

If you did then the chance of me winning would be higher! :D --I do hope everyone else complete their entries in time ;)
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I've been having a bit of trouble with my build.

I had glued all the windows closed on skips new camero, then when I have come to the point of glueing the inside of the car to the car body, I can't get my big fingers/hand inside, so I've had to take both door windows out. And I going to attempt the joining leaving the front windows off the model.

If this makes my entry void, then I'm sorry.
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

It's a pity that this has happened... but I don't think it'll cause a problem, after all, you're not adding new stuff to the model!
  11. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

That sounds more like addressing a challenge than making a modification ;)
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

9 days to go! Everyone make proper use of this weekend!
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

This is probably going to be a crazy week in the Free Model threads, with everyone hurrying up to finish their projects. It's been fun for me and I'm definitely entering the next one whether I win anything in this one or not. :)

I'd probably tackle the Kartonbau(sp?) Millennium Falcon next time.
  14. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Are you referring to the 5000+ piece masterpiece I saw a while ago? Is it finished? Has itr been released as a free download? WHERE!!???!?!?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I've had no internet at home for a few weeks and have a lot of catching up to do... :D

Back on topic.... congratulations to all the competition entrants, win or lose. It's been a very inspiring journey to watch all these entries come together and I can't wait to see the final results. Big thanks and congrats to Toddlea also for starting this competition in the first place, you've done a huge service to this community by doing so.

Good luck to all of you!
  15. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

Mine's done with a week to spare.......Phew

Attached Files:

16. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

No sleep for me.

17. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Hehe, excellent Work Toddlea!

I still have the engine to do, but I think I'll relax a bit... :D
  18. David H

David H Member

19. Millenniumfalsehood

Well, the big custom job wasn't released AFAIK, but there was one released there that was incredibly detailed and I'd like to build it eventually. Someone needs to speak to the designer and get permission to add it to the downloads area, because it's an incredible model.
  20. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Ahh yes I think I know that one you mean, it has instructions in chek(sp?) or something... I have the file somewhere and it definitely looks quite daunting, but nowhere near as much as the 5000+ piece one would be.

I'll definitely be throwing a build of some sort into the next competition like this one, it looks like a lot of fun and the deadline might inspire me to actually finish something for a change. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.