Free Model #3

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Toddlea, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I am sorry CJTK1701, I don't agree, I was 'wragging' on StevO. If StevO thinks that some builds break the comp rules, then he should say which ones and why. He should not come out in the public forum and make accusations, then not say why, but he should have sent PM's to the members that he thought were breaking the rules.

As for my build I want to withdraw from the comp, this was about 'fun', but after this I don't want to take part. I will still build Skips car and carry on with the build thread as 'I' am enjoying that.

To everyone else in the comp, good luck guys, all good builds.
  2. Peter the Ingrate

Peter the Ingrate New Member

Trolls 1 - Legit Players 0
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

in order for a competition to be fair the rules have to be specific and enforced. neither of which has happened in this one. i think that at this point it should sayit needs to be a bout kits freely available and let everyone have at it and have fun. every build i have look at has been awsome and i applaud everyones effort.[​IMG]
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Trolling is the deliberate posting to elicit anger in forums.

Posting obvious observations to the ignorant or blind is necessary at times.
  5. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

as mark has said i think this should be taken up with toddlea and the individual people via p.m. if my entry is one please feel free to let me know i carnt see how as my model is as clever designed and has not been modifiyed in any way :thumb:
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

To come out and point fingers at individuals is not a good idea. To say "Some people in here are not following the contest rules, ***I'M NOT GOING TO NAME NAMES*** but contestants should check their works to see that they are following the guidelines set forth. This is like the 3rd contest and so far the better entries have not built models as per the stated rules.

If you feel you model is not following the rules then perhaps you knew you were not following the rules. People are asked to vote for the builds, they should be aware that there are some entries that are outside of those rules.

Sounds like someone's Tour De Paper suddenly got drug screening.

7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Really all this is completely moot. The issue has been brought to The contest runners attention. It IS his contest and he can run it how he sees fit.

I do however suggest all entrants completely review all the rules set forth and make sure you are in compliance with them - makes sense doesnt it?

p.s. Why in the *(^%&%^$#*&(^ is it steveo's job to police all the builds? It most certainly is not his job. However he could tell Todd via PM and Todd could make his judgement calls... but telling steveo that he has to do it? I seriously dont think thats for him to do (or anyone else unless they so desire)

This is about FUN and finding some awesome free builds. :mrgreen:
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thank you replying StevO. I do understand where you are coming from, regarding the rules. I just got caught up with the argument and I should not have had a go at you. So I am making a very public appology. SORRY.

As for the comp, I have read the rules. The only rule that I can see being a problem, is if skip can't get the files out in time. So if it's ok with everyone else I withdraw my last statment, about pulling out of the comp. Of course if skip has a delay and can't get the file online in time I will withdraw.
  9. David H

David H Member

For my part I mooted the legality of some variations to my build of the Canon kit early in the build thread, precisely:

"Hope my little tweaks are within the rules and spirit of the building competition? Please don't refrain from letting me know!"

Since I received nothing but praise and encouragement from fellow modellers I don' see a problem (yet!).

10. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

i have checked the rules and my entry is completely within thier guidelines.:thumb:good luck in the comp to all the other entries:thumb:
  11. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey Paul,

The instructions for the B'Bee Camaro are 95% complete. All parts have been altered to correct any unfolding errors and to clean up the textures. So now I'm just waiting on some final beauty shots and it'll be uploaded.

So don't worry buddy, you'll be sweet for the deadline. ;)

This could be a great comp but I have to say that the "Build as stated in instructions" or whatever is a little too restrictive I think. Most of us add a detail here or there, don't we?

I think that maybe the next comp it would be better if this rule was removed? Ya know, make the competition about fun but also tapping a free models potential by being able to add to it, and also a builders skill by letting him/her do what they do. Whether it be adding hull panelling, extra detail parts, cars for example having wheels customised to get more depth and detail.

Just a suggestion, nothing more. :) I pulled out of this due to a cinfilct over rules and I think it's a shame that it's popping up again. It makes all the entrants and the person who speaks up uncomfortable.

Just a question, where do the competition rules srand when it comes to adding LED lighting? I designed my Camaro so that they could be added but obviously I can't through some wire and LEDs into a PDF. Just as stated earlier, nor is glue. LOL! Yet my model is designed for it, as is Claudios BumbleBee. Are people who add them in violation of the rules?
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oops I used glue......... And black marker >_< I'll have to disqualify myself...! :D I'm sure everyone will be alright, please, what do we gain from disqualifying some great entry... --Especially if they are built FOR the competition? ;)
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

oh please ...:rolleyes:
  14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

15. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

17. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

Well, it's late in the contest time frame, but I've decided to jump in anyway. I have quite a stash of free models I've been looking forward to building, but the high quality of the competition has caused me to think long and hard about which ones might be strong candidates. In the end, I chose to go with CardPlane's inter-war biplane WZ-X. The model can be had here. Considering how little time is left, I hope to get started on this soon...real soon!

Edit: build thread at

Cheers to all my fellow contestants! I have enjoyed watching your many very fine models taking shape.
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oh don't be, we can't have enough entries... But time is tight though, speed is important!! Go Chris! :D
  19. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.