Free Model #3 - Voyager spacecraft

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Apr 13, 2008.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Brilliant work JP. Good luck with the competition. Is there a link to that model, or did I over look it?:thumb:
  2. jparenti

jparenti Member

3. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Boom! Boom!sign1

Great build - so much fiddly detail.

Good luck in the comp.:thumb:
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

5. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

That's a wonderful build. I have a resin and etched brass model of this waiting in the pile to be built. I'll be chuffed to bits if it turns out andwhere near as neat as your build.
  6. jparenti

jparenti Member

Thank you everyone. You wanna know a secret? I have the resin model as well... and I have to order a new one because I screwed it up. wall1 The paper model and the plastic one are in the same scale, so I got what I wanted in the end -- a Voyager spacecraft. And if this one gets screwed up, I'll print another one instead of dropping $60 on a plastic one that has to get sent in the mail. No offense to plastic, but it isn't my best talent. And gluing metal to ANYTHING with super glue is not a task that favors the sane, much less metal to metal or metal to resin. In that model there's lots of photoetched brass and metal tubing and wire to firmly secure, and... I'll stick to paper for now, thank you. The adhesives are more cooperative. :thumb:
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thank you! I totally feel you on that issue. I was working on Ron Caudillo's LIS Space Pod and bunged it up real good. All I have to do now is reprint it and have another go.:mrgreen: