[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you all , Folks!

It's great to see a lot of people interested in my design.

Please, keep posting!
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That's just wrong, selling other peoples work. Did you find out who it was?
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I don't think that's going to be a problem, this model seems to have gained quite a lot of interest.:mrgreen:
  4. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Yes! Col. Kurtz pointed me to a guy selling my 1966 Batmobile. I've contacted eBay and asked the seller to remove this item from eBay listings.

No responses, though
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, I hope you get some satisfaction. That type of slug deserves what he gets. I've never been a big proponent for copyrighting material, but it's guys like this that infuriate me. No talent hacks that ride on the back of someone else's work.
  6. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

The paper model community is awesome for looking out for it's own. Someone 'accidentially' tried to sell a pdf of one of my models on ebay and the community had harassed the crap out of him before I had a chance to 'chat' with him to resolve the 'misunderstanding'...

And I'm glad to see the Bumblebee will be a nice simple model...heh
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That's great to hear. Wish the same could be said for other modeling communities. I have noticed there seems to be a much more team spirited, helpful, friendly approach to each other in the paper modeling community. The International spirit of cooperation is very self evident on this forum.:mrgreen:
  8. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Couldn't have put it better myself!
    I'm relatively new to the forum WRT being an active participant, used to be in the shadows, but the way everyone just boost each other up and gives a helping hand got me out of my shell and here I am! Sharing my designs and WIP's even though I'm usually too self conscious.

Cláudio, I find myself checking this thread for updates first before reading any of the others! I get more and more excited about this model each time I see your new pictures, truly spectacular so far! Show us more! :mrgreen: :thumb:

Will this bumblebee incorporate other media as well, or just paper?
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, a belated welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your work. I hope to be able to do this soon. I'm following a couple of different tuts and hope to be able actually do something....at some point. This is one place where I feel like a total noob.

10. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thanks CJTK. I have been a member for a short while, but of course have been lurking longer. This is a great form for leads on models I am in search of to build. The more detailed the better! Of course, I do also enjoy building Hakos as they are a nice break from the "big" ones! I have followed many of Claudio's works and I have to say, he' sone of the best out there! Thanks again Claudio, this looks to be amazing in the end.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Claudio does great work. you should also check out Ron Caudillo's Star Trek TOS bridge Hako.
  12. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I'm thinking about using also:

springs : in the arms
    wires : to enhance and the help lighting eyes and chest
    overhead projector sheet : for windows

Thank you for your comments!
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

CK Styles, CJTK1701

Thank you guys for your nice compliments!
  14. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

CJTK, I do have the bridge, but I haven't had a chance to put it together yet. It is very cool indeed. Should be a lot of fun. I've been working on a lot of the Telman and Butch Price Hakos lately as I have sooo many of them. If anyone is looking for any of them, PM me and I will mail if that is acceptable.
  15. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Its the first time I'll be posting in this section, but like all good people here...

I'm embarrased to admit that I first saw the live action adaptation of Transformers 2 weeks ago, when the film was played on our school trip bus on our way to a field trip, and I was more interested on the actual military hardware that participated in the film (especially the AC-130H)... but after seein it, I was blown away, hands down... :-D

I just thought if there's somebody "sick" enough to make a model out of the autobots or the decepticons... he will be an instant hit...

I didn't thought that there's someone here already!!! :-D

I'll build Bumblebee for sure, and for a good reason, my female classmate who is a fan of the film would really love to have one!!!

Keep it up sir!!! You may never know how many Transformer fans are smiling at you now... :-D
  16. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Just a silly question (a bit too farfetched though)... can this one transform? :-D
  17. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

First of all, thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately, it won't transform... However, Skip and I are planning to design the 2008 Camaro also.
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! This is soooooooo gonna ROCK!:thumb:
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You guys so ROCK!
  20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Cláudio Dias,

After this project would you consider designing Barricade? :D