[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

That's right Skip. Although, it changes its size during the movie.

I'll be looking forward your PDO file.
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Yup sir!!! I Got the 2009 Camaro a few weeks ago!!! And it's a complete stunner!!!

Now my only problem is which one should I do first, the car or the 'bot... :twisted:
  3. Hans Christian

All right!!! This is just too much!!! :-D
  4. My half-finished build of the head was the most ugly one I ever did. For some weird reason I couldn't get the neck to fit properly. :cry: I will try it over some day...
  5. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Very nice job on the torso, Claudio. I am still behind on the build, however. The legs are just now getting started on as I have been somewhat sidetracked on other "Hako" projects etc. Thanks again for the great model. I hope mine looks as good as yours. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
  6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I'm sure it will! Thanks for you compliments!
  7. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Great Model Claudio, your Bumbleebee is fantastic! I really want to build this, but I looked at how many pages I'd have to use :p

Oh no...there goes the sibling...with my cardstock? Wait! He's printing your Bumbleebee! Either stop him or....help him ;)

Good luck man!
  8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks Soaring!

Hope your sibling enjoy building it!:mrgreen:
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Fabulous build Claudio! I'm totally blown away!!
  10. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

I would've cheerfully paid for this model. And yet.... you offer it up to the world for FREE!

Good work as usual.

Tell me, are you getting to the point where you can execute the 3D designs you want fairly quickly?

I've been working on designing a model of my own and have just..... been.... struggling with the bottleneck of having to teach myself how to use sketchup and blender so I can get the designs layed out in 3D.

I guess my question is.. Where does the majority of your design time go now? Is it spent in design?.... or in the test builds? or textureing?
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

For me it's on the post-unfold processing, also on finding references prior to designing. These two make up a good model and takes the bulk of time... -- Oops sorry for taking this off on a tangent Claudio...
  12. Simmo

Simmo An Older Junior Member

Absolutely fantastic. I'm lost for words. What a great finish. You have my vote.
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks a lot Lex!
  14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks outersketcher!

Regarding your questions:
    Designing : 50%
    Texturing : 20%
    Final build : 30%

I usually don't make test builds. Bumblebee hand was an exception and was test built to see if articulated joints work.
  15. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you Simmo!
  16. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Another masterpiece Claudio, again!! It's an amazingly complex model, and your flawless building technique just reflect the quality of the design...
  17. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks a lot Shiftdel, for your nice comments:thumb:
  18. Hans Christian

sir Claudio, expect more of that during the coming days!!! :-D
  19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks Hans. It's quite a pleasure to see people amazed by Bumblebee:mrgreen:
  20. Hans Christian

Welcome sir!!! You deserve these credits!!! :-D

Now I wonder how many heads can we turn when this one and sir Skip's Camaro debuts in our nationals (along with ValkyrieWars' Starsrceam and the PModel F-22)... :twisted: