[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Oh boy... don't tempt me!

If I was to double scale it I'd probably get it printed by a pro... I priced the Jan Rukr starcraft gun yesterday, It's going to cost me $40~ to get it printed on 210gsm in high gloss, so that one is going to have to wait a while.

I'm going to build the 'Bee in coloured cardstock (after the tumbler) because my printer is on it's last legs and has started smudging and leaving unwanted marks all over the place and I just can't afford a new one right now despite how cheap they seem to be these days.

Looking forward to your next update Claudio, this is shaping up to be your finiest creation ever, I can't wait to see what you take on next. Something a little easier perhaps, like a big red and blue truck? :D
  2. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I am torn between the words holy cow and WOW!!!, this is awsome , I'm looking forward to trying to put this one together, it is totaly awsome!!!!
    I work in the Toy department at Wal-Mart and even the big $80.00 Bumblebee we used to sell does not even come close to this... I love the detail on this, keep us posted on this I hope I'm first in line to have a chance to build the full model of this!!!:thumb:
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Can't wait to see the torso joined to the limbs!
  4. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I think I saw one... Can't remember where....:rolleyes:
  5. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

claudio thats just mean. don't through something like that out there.
  6. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Need a hint??? :mrgreen:
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I saw one down the street the other day...! :D
  8. REALLY?! Where? :p
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Right there, there, behind you, look! It's coming!!! Run!!!!!! :D
  10. I didn't knew my room was THAT big! :eek:
  11. mansfieldartguy

mansfieldartguy New Member

Hi guys I am new to the forum here and thought I would post and tell you guys what I am planning on doing here in the next few weeks. After the torso is uploaded I will be using this paper model of bumblebee for a six foot version 1/3 size of the actual prop. After I finish it I will put it on ebay. If you guys are intrested I'll post pics and video of the progress. Also if you have any tips or ideas please share!:thumb:
  12. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Well, firstly I am assuming you are single, or live alone, or you have met the elusive "Perfect Woman" :D

Secondly... what are you planning to build it out of?
  13. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

That has to be the best response I've ever seen on the forums. I look forward to seeing a six foot BB.
  14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Torso available

Hi guys,

The torso is now available.

You can check more pics and download all files from the
    Bumblebee Page

Don't forget to watch the video
  15. smyfe

smyfe Member

Claudio this model is beyond all belief, it's fantastic:thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Just showed 'she who must be obeyed' the pictures you have posted and she will not believe that it is made from papersign1
    Mind you, I have trouble believing it myself, it looks like a promotional shot from the film
  16. mansfieldartguy

mansfieldartguy New Member

I must agree too that has to be the best response, to answer your question it will be based on the paper model, but with the texture. Now I know cardstock will not hold 6 feet worth of weight that why each finished part will be coated in resin then in bondo sand shaped primed and painted. Now my bumblebee will not be able to be movable but all extremties should come apart for easy storage and shipping. Also I'm just single but have a huge OCD problem.
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

just unbeleivable!! im just gonna sit here quietly and wait for the next one. after i build this!
    i know its 1/12 but what is the physical size of the finished one?

i think you might have clinched my vote for first place!!
  18. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks friend!

It's 18in (46cm) tall.
  19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks Smyfe! And it is paper.:mrgreen:
  20. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

so do u work for NASA robotics or what. after this i think you could build anything.