[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. lairdre

lairdre Member

Bubblebee eyes

This is perfect, the 3D representation shows the folds well.
  2. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Nice looking builds as usual Claudio. It seems I am way behind you now! I've been busy working on a new website for my father-in-law, he's an amateur photographer. Feel free to check out his photos at Under construction. Well, I better get working on these legs this week!
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I've been looking for my next sci-fi build, and when I've done with skips new Camero build, while I'm build a few more shuttle payloads, I've decided to build Claudio's bumblebee next.

I've been watching all three bumblebee design's (2 cars and robot) and all look good. The car and robot will look good together.
  4. Romanator

Romanator Member

I guess I joined this thread a little too late...:wave:
    Sorry for the dumb questions but does anyone know where I can get this model? I heard it was in A4 format, and I was wondering if there's an easy way to get it into the US size of 8.5 by 11. Finally, any word on whether or not the torso is complete?

SEBRET Member

hey Romanator,
    don't worry, your just in time for the final run. The model itself is on CD's page at paperinside.com. the torso isn't done yet but were all rooting for him.
    welcome aboard,

6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Don't hurry CK!

I still have a long way through the torso.

BTW, I've checked you father-in-law website. Awesome photos!
  7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I'm sure you'll do an excellent job as always! Thanks for your choice!
  8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Don't know any easy way to get it into US size, sorry.

I'm building the torso now, and I hope I get it finished within this contest deadline - June 30th.
  9. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Go sir Claudio!!! bounce7
  10. lairdre

lairdre Member

US Letter vrs A4

I had the same issue trying to print Bumblebee's head on US Letter paper. I wanted it to stay 1/12 scale so I did a select in Acrobat and printed as much as would fit on the Letter page. I then took another selection and printed the bottom of the page. For most pages I only have to print two pages to get everything I needed. In the case of the Bumblebee head I had to print three pages to get all of the parts the correct size.

It isn't really that bad, in some cases you want to build up the part thickness, so having an extra part here or there isn't really a problem.
  11. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thanks Claudio. I haven't gotten much work done as of late. Work has been taking up a lot of time. I am glad you liked the photos. He has really got an eye for pictures!
  12. khoa

khoa New Member

You can also scale the page to fit a US page. When you print, there is a dropdown list of different scalings. Select "Fit to page" and it will resize to 91%. This will save you paper, but the parts will be smaller.
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

... and you must ensure that 91% will be applied to all PDF files
  14. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

or else the parts won't fit, or won't be proportional to the other sections...
  15. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

Thank you for adressing the problem, unfortuneately it came too late for me as i built the head and arms but noticed something wasn't right. Oh well if at first you don't suceed try again (this also means you ARE NOT Chuck Norris, he ALWAYS suceeds) ;)
  16. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

CK Styles,

Could you tell me the web address of your Father-In-Law's Website?
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The build is nearly finished now! Go Claudio!!
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

19. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

That's so cool! :D
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks for the link Lex! The guy is doing an amazing job!