[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

FYI, There's a couple IronMan models here.... http://forum.zealot.com/t157229/

...and there are several BSG models here, as well as a Big-G in the works.

I'm pretty sure that Jaybats has built a Beast, already as well.:mrgreen:
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Sir, please do the Messiah spacecraft from Deep Impact!!! I have the special edition DVD here, I'll get some screenshots if you want!

I think its easier making this one since most of the major parts came from pieces of various real spacecraft taht are already in card model designed by our fellows here

I put up a thread about this a while ago, and many people here are very interested :-D
  3. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks friends for all ideas! I'll sure consider them.

However, I think I'll focus on something simple fro distressing purposes... Something like Beauty and the Beast characters, Ace of Cakes ,...
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Best model of the year, awarded to Claudio, Transformer Bumblebee!!! :D
  5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

wow that's fast!!!

well, nobody's complaining, and I'm not going to start to be one! :-D
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

It sure gets my vote!!! :D
  7. lairdre

lairdre Member

A4 vs Letter

Are all your PDF files based on A4 paper? I remember reading somewhere how to print sections of an A4 page on letter paper. Does anyone know how to do that and retain scale?

8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Yes they're based on A4 paper. In Acrobat Reader, you can define a scale (same for all parts!) so it fits into Letter size.
  9. lairdre

lairdre Member

Bumblebee head

I am working on the Bumblebee head. I can't quite see by the picture how parts a11, a12, a13, a14 all go together.

I also had some trouble deciding how a41 and a42 connect to a40. I finally decided it was best to close up the back of the neck last, which I didn't do.

Do you have any suggestions?

So far so good,
  10. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Make a cut from the top to the middle of A13. Insert A14 tabs in this cut.
    Connect A12 around A13 (color inside) and the A11 around A12 (color outside).

A41 makes a cylinder. Its larger edge connects to the bottom of A40. A42 connects to A41 smaller edge
  11. JustForFun

JustForFun Member

Hi Claudio-

Fantastic work on Bumblebee! It's the most detailed thing I've ever seen! As for a spaceship....how about the Andromeda from Space Cruiser Yamato? I have the papercraft book of the Yamato already and the Andromeda would be a cool companion. :mrgreen:
  12. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

Perhaps I wasn't paying attention earlier, but where can i get Skip's Camero?
  13. Master-Bruce

14. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hey all, I actually had a bit of time today to get some more work done on Claudio's great model. It has been pretty bus for me around here lately with all the nasty thunderstorms in Lincoln. Here are the latests pics. I will post the finished photos soon as I do have the arms completed, just no photos yet!! Let me know what you think, Claudio .... Once again, the parts fit well and all joints move smoothly.

15. Master-Bruce

SWEET! Looks very clean. You're doing a great job CK. ;)
  16. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hmmmm, what can I say....

FANTASTIC !!!!

Great job CK!

BTW, what are those 3 'T' like parts on the top fo this image?
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

man that rocks!!
  18. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks for your compliments!

And sorry for late reply!

Do you have any pics of Andromeda?
  19. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Thus far it has been a very fun build. Claudio, if it is ok, I have a couple of parts questions I'd like to PM you on. Nothing major, just some clarification. Again, totally awesome model!
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Be my guest!