[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks! :thumb:

That's great! Mine worked well too, however I was concerned about my instructions...
  2. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

The instructions are pretty straightforward, however I do not think this is a model for the novice modeler to start with. I forgot that I was doing 4 fingers! So, the parts list in the instructions threw me off, just for a minute though! I didn't realize right away that there were several parts with the same part number. In hind sight, it is a good idea to look at all the parts sheets before actually working on the model as you will get a better picture of what your getting in to. I will continue to post pics if you all want to follow along! I know this is not a build thread, but I wasn't planning on documenting it "to" much. Just pics of the finished bits and pieces and a few finals as he is completed.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I hear ya, the work is worth the effort. Those fingers had to be a beoch.:mrgreen:
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey Claudio,

How're things going on the design front? I can't wait to see more of this great model! :D
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

3d mesh complete!

I've finished designing it. And almost finish unfolding.

Here's a pic of its leg...

And the whole robot...

Model consists of 24 pages + 1 (windows). I've started working on the legs (10 pages) yesterday.
  6. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

I just saw the film on DVD yesterday in the evening, and now i see the Bumblebee here: I think You had contributed to design the robot of the film!!

My compliment. :thumb: I'm busy in an other project and Your Tucano is in my queue, but Bumblebee is coming first.

I can't wait to see the model completed! Very good the idea of the leds!

Best Nando
  7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Unfortunately not... I'd like to!:mrgreen:

Wow! Thank you for your interest in my models.

Thank you! I thought it wouldn't be 'alive' without them.
  8. Master-Bruce

Yeah! That'd be a dream job wouldn't it?! :D
  9. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

yikes! jawdrop
  10. wow its so detailed and looks very thecnical Just like a robot amazing lol
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! Fantastic, highly detailed work. Awesome job Claudio!

12. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you all guys!

I'm glad you liked it. It was a hard work to design all those parts and to get them properly articulated.
  13. Master-Bruce

I don't doubt it for a second! Well worth it I'd imagine? You do have one uber impressive model here!I'd go so far as to say it my be difficult for you(or anyone else) to come close to this again with future models.So do you have anything decided for your next creation?
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thank you Claudio and Skip and everyone that worked on this! This is going to be amazing and I'm really impressed that so many people worked together to bring this model and the other B's to the community!

I just ran across a site I hadn't been to in some time and the cost of the kits and ancilliary items were unbelievable!

To think that you took the time to make this and make it for free!

I'm stunned! It's obvious that you put a lot of work into this!

Thanks again Claudio!
  15. Master-Bruce

Oh, my part in this was very small. Minute in fact. :) This model is all down to Claudio, getting the screen captures and other reference was a piece of cake in comparison to the work Claudio put into this.
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Still, this is going to be and is a grand piece of work!:thumb:
  17. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Your contribution was great!

Regarding my next model, I was thinking about designing a spaceship. An awesome one. Any ideas?
  18. Master-Bruce

Thank you kind sir. :D
  19. lamer

lamer New Member

Thx claudio for this great model,u made an amazing piece of work here,keep up the good work,this model is worth it.About the tips for your next model,u mentioned a spaceship,what about a battlestar galactica or pegasus? :)Ive seen a few galactica models,but not much detailed.Another idea is ford mustang shelby GT500 eleanor :),amazing car and no model so far(at least i dont know about any).And my last tip is movie version of ironman :p,but i guess u r not gonna be happy about making another figure-like model :-D.
  20. motokid

motokid New Member

WOW... this is one of the finest and most detailed models i have ever seen!! you are a master! Thank you for sharing your hard work with us all. i cant wait to build him and have him standing in my office.
    Great work!!