[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Verra verra impressive, Claudio! :thumb:
  2. palmer

palmer Member

Wonderful, Claudio!
    Arms are very impressive!
    I'll build it surely as I find an electronics shop for the leds!
  3. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you all Folks, for your nice compliments!

And don't forget to post pics of your builds.
  4. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

WOW...every time i check this thread you just blow me away with the excellent progress you are making on bumblebee :thumb: your design work is simply amazing :thumb:im gonna start this at the weekend im gonna get the parts printed on a3 size card makeing him as big as i can is this ok with you claudio :thumb:
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

It's OK with me:thumb:

You'll have an amazing 25" Bumblebee!
  6. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Cláudio your model is great :D Looking forward to the rest :D

7. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Just finished up wiring the blue LED lights for the eyes and the parts that hold them. I am hoping to finish the head in the next day or so. Moving slowly as I messed it up the first time! Lookin' good thus far!
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I just downloaded everything...again...today. I'm thinking of doing this one and following Claudio's directions to the letter, just to see it come together the way he made it. Show some Pics CK!

BTW Claudio, I have to commend you and all that worked with you on this yet again. I was looking through the various pages and stages today and you've done a fantastic job!:thumb:
  9. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Great CK! Please, post some pics
  10. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you CJTK1701!
  11. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I hope someone at ILM or Hasbro should see this... No plastic model maker would dare to make such a fine piece of artwork like yours... seriously...

You and sir Skip are just... unbelievable... bounce7
  12. loving the build pics claudio great model might try it soon one all the parts are released
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you Hans and Starship Builder!

Hans, it will be an honor to see my work pointed by ILM or Hasbor!
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You're quite welcome, but again, I have to thank you!:thumb: I love seeing this come together and love your work. There's just so much to say about people that would take their time to GIVE something to the modeling community and not be focused on taking. Not only that, but the degree of professionalism put into these models that are available for free.... is astounding! I only hope to get to the point to be able to make them myself some day.:mrgreen:
  15. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hey guys, I will get a pic of the head up this evening after work. I didn't do any in-progress pics, but I have to say, the parts fit real tight. I went through a couple different types of wire, finally settling on black 20 gauge doorbell wire as it is flexible enough to run through the neck area. The high intensity LED's were about 4.50 each and the switch was 1.50, both at Radioshack and the CR2025 3V battery was 4.99. I recommend the high intensity LED's as they are 3.7 V and the batteries are only 3 V. This way, when you hook up all the lights, the LED's will shine like a regular LED as the draw increases the more LED's you attach to the line (of course you could always use more batteries).
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Whoot! Brilliant! Can't wait to see the pics.
  17. logicman

logicman Greybeard

And I thought steam locomotives were complicated to model!

I raise my glass to you!

Attached Files:

18. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Pics are on the way. I have to get some new batteries for the Canon! Sorry I didn't get them up last night!
  19. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Lookin' forward to it buddy! :D
  20. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Alright, here we go. I just hope the build looks as good as the master's!! My cam doesn't focus real well on the close-ups on account it's been dropped a few times by the kids, lol. Let me know what you think!