[Free Model #3] Transformers Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cláudio Dias, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I’m planning to design the 2008 Camaro robot version. Also, I’d like to make it poseable. That means, it will have rotating joints including fingers ad toes.

First step is to design and build skeleton and all joints.

According to the movie, Bumblebee is 18 feet high. I want to build it on 1:12 scale, that means, 18 inches high.

3darm_01.jpg 3darm_02.jpg

Here are some pics from hand and arm. I'm planning to build them this week to check if all joints work properly.

This model entered the Free Model #3 contest
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

WOW!! Claudio, You know I'm a fan of B'Bee. I guess this is a solo project for you now that it's a comp entry? I can't wait to see what you do with him.

Judging by what I see so far, you're off to a great start!

Good luck with the design and the competition buddy.
  3. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you Skip:thumb:

Of course not! You're with me on this. You've supplied me with tons of reference material.

The competition is about building a free model and I'll be alone one this.:mrgreen:

And I hope you'll help me with the textures. BTW, I preferred to texture fingers once I have to create only one and copied it many times.
  4. Master-Bruce

Ok buddy,I'll be on hand if you need it. Good luck! :)
  5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

6. palmer

palmer Member

Wow! I bet this model will come out very nice, I love the technological look of it!
  7. Master-Bruce

It would have to be available for everyone. Or it wouldn't qualify for the comp. :twisted: Which is nothing but great news! :thumb:
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

9. the4ce

the4ce Member

Looks great! I hope the model will come nice. :)

One questions: the joints will be from paper?

P.S.: Good luck with the competition:thumb:
  10. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Yea, sorry, my bad. wasn't sure. I only reread the comp rules after posting... To check up on that one... :mrgreen:
  11. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you all for your encouragement messages!

The4ce, yes they'll be from paper.
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Claudio, Thank you for doing this and thank you for making all of your models available to the communiy. Thanks Skip for helping with this. I REALLY can't wait for this one

13. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Wow... i mean... wow!
    Being a huge fan of your work, I already knew this was going to be an awesome model, but it seems you've raised your own bar on this one, good luck, all the best and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I guess now i need to hurry up and finish the interceptor and tumbler!! I think I've stretched the boundaries on the home front, there's just no way I'd get permission from the boss to start another model, I've already got 4 on the go :p
  14. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

Is it too soon to say...Is it done yet? :)
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I wish it were easy to get some references for the movie models. The models were insanely detailed with digital models comprised of thousands of modelled parts.
  16. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thanks Folks!

Here's a small update

3darm_03.jpg 3darm_04.jpg
  17. Master-Bruce

WOW! Looks great Claudio!!
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

So...every joint is articulated...? o_O No way......... there's no way you can do that Claudio... or is there? ;)
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very cool Claudio. Are you doing updates on your site as well? There was a discussion over at Finescale Modeler about anyone making a Bumblebee and I'd like to link to it if that's OK.:mrgreen:

Edit: Doh! I see now that you are. Don't mind me, not enough coffee yet.
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Skip, Lex and CJTK1701,

Thank you!

Yes all joints are articulated. I'll post a pic (build test) soon to see how it is going.

You're welcome to link to my site. The more visitors, the more opinions!