Free Model #3 - DAR-21 Vector II from ModelArt

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by milenio3, May 19, 2008.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The movable surfaces from the wing are two for each wing. I think they can be called the flap (closer to the fuselage) and the aileron.

[​IMG] These are the two parts that go to one wing. Note they are two separated parts. You can insert a wire inside each, and you can have truly movable surfaces, but for the sake of the contest, I won't use that approach.

[​IMG] So they stay fixed on the wings. But I think they look pretty nice, huh?
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I didn't have the care to take pictures of the building process for the rudder and vertical stabilizer, but here it is completed.

[​IMG] As you can see, the model gives the option to have the rudder separated from the stabilizer. It is up to you. Everything is available on the model itself.

[​IMG] Another view of the stabilizer.

[​IMG] This is a close up of the logo on the stabilizer. I liked that detail.
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Now the elevators and horizontal stabilizer.
    [​IMG] Guess what? Yes! It has the option of movable surfaces also! Which of course is my pick.

[​IMG] The elevator is a single piece in this airplane.

[​IMG] The whole set in its place.

[​IMG] Another view.
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Now the nose.

[​IMG] The part that makes up the nose main body is somehow difficult at first sight. But trust me, it is not.

[​IMG] You only have to bend the paper pieces one to another, with the provided elements, and there you have it!!

[​IMG] Another view. Note that on the middle, I inserted a wire which is going to be the axle for the rotor, as the rotor will rotate. This is stated on the directions of the model.
  5. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

Nice job Milenio. Another winner from your workbench.

6. lriera

lriera Member

WWWOOOWWW Milenio, it is going very well. As all your airplanes, this one also is looking fantastic.

7. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

This is turning out great! I am glad to see someone who enjoys building Modelart kits as much as I do.:thumb:
  8. Wily

Wily Member

ModelArt kits are nearly perfect.
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Dr. Zarkov is very serious at the time of design. This is no exception.

More today.
  10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

[​IMG] The tail wheel pieces.
    [​IMG] And the tail wheel in its place.
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Let's see how we do the rotor.

[​IMG] The pieces of the rotor, for its eventual ability to turn, are made with the parts on the model, plus a wire that goes inside.

[​IMG] On one end, the wire is glued to the rotor itself.

[​IMG] And the other end goes inside the nose of the plane. This is not glued, as the wire must freely turn in its axis.
  12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Now let's proceed with the propellers.

[​IMG] Each propeller has two parts for its body, and a little rolled paper that goes in the middle and to the inside of the rotor.

[​IMG] The complete propeller.

[​IMG] We use the little roll of paper to attach the propeller inside the rotor.

[​IMG] All three propellers are glued on the rotor.

[​IMG] And then, the nose itself, is glued to the main body of the airplane.
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

[​IMG] These are the "boots" of the wheels.

[​IMG] The wheels are made as a sandwich of parts. Then I just sand each wheel to its rounded form, and paint.

[​IMG] These are the painted wheels. To paint them I used black marker.

[​IMG] Then the wheels on their place are covered with the "boots".
  14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The next part is optional. It's a box with instruments like cameras and stuff.

[​IMG] The parts. Note that they use formers.

[​IMG] As I didn't found on the instructions where to put this part, I decided to put it between the landing gear. It looks OK.
  15. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Gerardo, as always, wonderful build. My best to you.
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you, my friend!

I'm preparing everything for the grand finale.
  17. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hello Gerardo,
    Your model is on very nice.
    Above all I want to tell you that I have never seen a thread so rich in detail and photos.

18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you very much Orazio. Well, in fact that's one of the things I learned in this forum (on the old days of this forum, before the crack).
  19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

And here it is, the DAR-21 Vector II airplane, at the service of the Police.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  20. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

A few more...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]