Free Model #3: CardModel WZ-X

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cdcoyle, May 23, 2008.

1. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Stunning - Well done!
  2. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker all I can say is "Santa Vaca". Nice and clean. Well done. I particularly liked the closed ups of the tiny sub-assemblies.
  3. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi Chris Coyle,
    the thread is very interesting and the model is very, very clean!
    This you have done is my goal in Card-model.
    Thank you for sharing.

4. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

A beautiful model superbly done, Chris. It's been really enjoyable watching this one come together well. Congratulations!
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

I have to add my congratulations along with all the others Chris. Excellent work, and excellent build thread. I really admire your ability with those small parts. The guns look amazing.

Thank you!

6. bruceuncle

bruceuncle bruceuncle

Amended PDF

I've only been a member for a few days, yet this and other threads have taught me so much (in theory at least - the practical work's going to need some more practice!).

I'm returning to card modelling after a break of 40 years and have been re-learning the current state of the craft with some of the Canon models and a few other freebies from the 'net. (Which could lead into a Monty Python 'Yorkshiremen' sketch about 'the good old days', but I won't). This model of the WZ-X took my fancy and lo and behold, here's this thread of your build in superb detail.

There is indeed a nasty little error with the upper wing. But its not on the aileron, it's the wing itself. The insignia should be aligned the same on both sides (as on the lower wings). This was bugging me, so (and I hope I'm not treading on any toes or infringing any copyrights) I took the liberty of amending that sheet to correct it.

I don't have Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, but I do have an aging (like me) Adobe Acrobat 5. It's tedious to use the object touch-up tool for this work, but it can be done!

The result is available for download from: - 3rd page 3 of 11 amended.pdf

Which is one of those freebie hosting sites - the file should be there indefinitely, but I'd recommend grabbing it asap if anyone wants it. (I'll have to work on getting my own web site up and running.)

It's page three of the czesci_2.pdf file (5/11 - not as I've incorrectly got it in the file title - well, it's late here down-under and I'm knackered after all that tedious Acrobat editing) with just part 92R on it. Due to the way I did this, it's not 100% perfect at 1600% zoom, but looks fine at the intended scale.

Again, MASSIVE congratulations on such a superb and clean build, and such a clear and detailed thread.

With a few more models under my belt and a lot of brave pills, I should be ready to tackle it myself.

aussie Ha! Call myself an Aussie? I'm nearly teetotal but, thankfully, not quite...