[Free Model #3] - Building the Bald Eagles

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
Those are some nice looking birds you have.:thumb:
Good job and thanks for the walkthrough on the build.:woot1:

metoo

Sep 15, 2007
Thank you all for the nice comments on the build of the eagles. I had a wonderful time building them as well as writing the build thread.

As for the next project, I guess I already finished that. Last night I decided I wanted to do a fast and easy model so did the zebras from Yamaha Grevy's Zebra | YAMAHA MOTOR in 2 sizes. The biggest one was printed @ 95% (because it was for A4 paper which is not available to me) and the little one at 4 pages per sheet.

zebrascomp.jpg

I hope to do another build thread but I don't know what model I will do yet.

Thanks again,
Kathie

newcomer

May 6, 2007
Kathie,
your build thread inspired me to try the eagle. i have both A4 and letter PDF's. i printed the letter size, but it's too small - eagle's head is about 4inches. how do i get it bigger. seems like each of the pieces on the first page should BE a page.
david

metoo

Sep 15, 2007
David,
I used the letter size pdf file for mine. It does actually come out to approximately half the size of a medium size bald eagle. Also make sure your printer is set on 'no scaling'. If it is set on 'print to paper size' or 'print within margins' or any other such settings it will distort the parts.

I don't really know about making it bigger as my thing is to make things smaller. Although if I was to want to make a bigger one I would take it to a print center to have it printed on larger size card stock as my printer does not print bigger. If you are wanting to make a full size eagle you would want them to print it at 200%.

Sorry I can't be of more help,
Kathie

metoo

Sep 15, 2007
David,
It is quite big still. I have to admit that when I was cutting it out I also had reservations about to ending up as big as it is. I am so glad my thread has inspired you to build this as it is a wonderful model and I am sure you will like the finished eagle.
Kathie

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Well done indeed Kathie! The eagles look fantastic! Isn't it time now for a little ship modeling? :mrgreen: Great build thread too. Thank you and best of luck in the contest!

M

Mark_1984

Lovely job Kathie. You can certanly throw away the 'beginners' badge now ;)