Free Model #2

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by silverw, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverw

silverw Member

Hi All...

Well, we're off to Florida for a couple weeks.:) Not sure if I'll be able to log-in during that time.

The Judges Panel will be standing by to answer any of your questions.

See you later... (alligator?)

. Bill
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip, Bill.

Do try and stop in, if possible. We'll leave the light on for ya!:grin:

3. angevine

angevine Member

Have a great vacation.

Will look after your baby. 8)

4. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I have A one-time-use Digital Camera. But I believe I will be returning it to the store I bought it at.(Evdn though it was only $12.99 on sale)
    I looked up the hacking link posted. I can tell you now, There aint No Way In **** I can do that!!
    I will melt anythink I try to solder!! Not to mention, The camera in the link is from CVS Pharmacy, & I bought mine at Rite Aid Pharmacy(Looks similar But AGE of report makes me believe software/firmware in my camera will be VERY different than that in the link)

If anybody can help.......
  5. xyberz

xyberz Member

Hey DNLGTR, could you give the exact model number and name of the camera you bought from Rite Aid please? I can easily find information on how to hack it to make it non-disposable and reusable. If there's a way and a will, it probably can be and has been done.

Also there in any type of tutorial turning a disposable digital camera and turning it into a reusable camera will almost undoubtedly require some type of soldering and modifying the camera to some extent.

If it's soldering you're worrying about, just check out this link

It's truly not that hard and indispensable once you learn how to do it.

If you can't, don't have the time, aren't willing, or have the patience to learn, then picking up something like this
    will better suit your purposes. It's only a few bucks more expensive than the one you're using and it's completely reusable. Given that it won't give you the absolute best photos, but it should do for your purpose.

Heck if you even have a digital camera on your cell phone, given that most phones today have one, you can even use that! Check here for that

There's all different levels of hacking/modifying things that you can get cheaply or already have in order to help you get what you want. Given that you have to be willing to sacrifice some things as a little bit of quality, but there's absolutely no reason as to why you couldn't do it somehow or someway.

Hopefully that'll help you out some. :grin:
  6. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I read the pages about hacking the camera. But as I said, I can't do that.
    And yes Soldering is the Big hurdle!!

I can POSSIBLY do this with Crimp-Connectors--But Not Sodering
    I also will need to have the PICTURES & Text in-Hand to do this. NOT just on my PC screen, but Printed

The Model # of the Camera I have is; 334745
    Externally it looks just like the CVS Camera save for different labels

No I don't Have a Cell phone (with or without camera!!!!!!)

That 'Phillips' Keychain Cmera is the SAME one in posts above. $15.00 at W-M & pics are ONLY 320x288 I think. So Not much in quality
  7. xyberz

xyberz Member

Is there a brand name or company name anywhere on the camera? Sorry to be so specific, but it's hard for me to find without that info.

Also here's a $20 digital camera from Wal-Mart which there should be one near you if you happen to have a Rite-Aid.

VistaQuest VQ1005B Digital Keychain Camera 1.3MP

Here's the link for a review of the camera and there are even sample shots. In all honesty, it's really decent and good enough for taking pictures of your models. Probably the best pic you'll get for about $20 anywhere.

For that price I may need to go out and get one myself! It even does video! Talk about cheap and good for the money. Only thing is that it doesn't have a preview screen, but hey you can't complain much for $20. =)
  8. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I had a friend look at the camera. It is from the Same Manufacturer as the CVS 'Red' in in the Hacking link we get 'Ritz' HE has got the PC to find the camera. We just don't have the software unlocking it yet. I will check back tomorrow
    He has made the cable. But was having trouble 'Unlocking' it.
    I think it might be due to the age of the cracking software in the link.
    The link is from 2004!! & show Firmware 6520 or 6550.
    Mine has 6600
  9. xyberz

xyberz Member

10. silverw

silverw Member

Free Models Contest....

Hi, ... All You all...

I'm BAaaacck.......

I see that there is still room for a few more models in this contest. I count six, so far. Please make sure that you reply to the "Entry thread", so that we don't miss your entry. 40 days to go....... give or take!

There is also still room for additional prizes, in case someone would like to donate something!! (cash, models, tools, we'll take anything!)
  11. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Russell.....

I looked for your porch light , ... from about 4 miles up in the air...

Couldn't quite pick you out... too much FREEZING RAIN!!! Maybe next time!!

.... Bill
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, darn!
    The rain is gone now. Now we are just freezing!
    Got the fireplace kicking though, so all is well and toasty, inside!:twisted:

Glad you had some fun and above all, a safe trip!
    Good to have you back, Bill!:grin:

13. angevine

angevine Member

Welcome back,

Hope you had a good time :-D

The competition is looking good so far.
  14. silverw

silverw Member

Additional Prize

Will has generously donated a copy of his "SUPER CORSAIR"

This will be awarded to the 2nd Place winner.

Thanks Will!!
  15. Willja67

Willja67 Member

For those of you entering who have already purchased a copy #74 will be available by the end of the contest so you can choose which one you want.
  16. silverw

silverw Member

Thanks Will. Twice as nice! :)
  17. silverw

silverw Member

35 35 35 35 days

Thirty-five (35) Days To Go!!

.. So far, it's a 1 in 6 chance for Will's Corsair!!! ... THINK ABOUT IT! ... :)

18. silverw

silverw Member

OK .... So, now it's less than 35 days!!!

... Better start cuttin an gluein pretty soon!!

............ Bill

PS ... Don't tell anybody ... but, I have it from a good source, that there may be "TROPHIES" for this contest!!! :) .. Remember.... , don't tell NOBODY!!!

............... You Know.
  19. mpakier

mpakier Member

I'm building the Ambrose lightship from Digital Navy. I started in december but it's not finished yet. Is it possible to participate in competition?
  20. silverw

silverw Member

Why sure you can participate. Just throw in an entry and show us your stuff! :)

... Bill
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.