FREE laser printing at OfficeMax

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Jun 4, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello everyone!

I just got a super deeeeee duper coupon whenI bought some more wausau super bright cardstock at office max. 25 FREE color copies or prints - single sided on 24 lb paper. I called and asked - if you bring in your own paper they will print on that for you. The offer is good through 6/9 so if you have an office max in the area you may want to give them a shout if you have a special model yo uhave been waiting to print :D
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up Chris!
    What an excellent deal!

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Dang, I just bought $32 worth of Wausau card stock there last week and didn't get a coupon or any mention of free printing. :-(
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

They just had them out today - I picked it up off the counter and said whats this? He said we just got those coupons - hand some out for me?

CHA CHING! :)
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Great!! Thanks, Chris!!!!
  6. nx13688

nx13688 Member

7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

ohhh!!! I didnt mean to imply you needed to purchase - sorry about that! I was there buying the cardstock and found the coupon on the counter. :D
    Thanks for clarifying that for me bud :)
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I did notice that they also have HP photo paper, buy 1 get 1 free.
    Just in case anybody was in the market for it.:wink:

9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks guys! I will get over there again this week. It's the only place I can find Tombow Mono Aqua glue around here.
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I just got back from my printing run - had a bunch of dewaynes models printed out - cant wait to start on that yellow roadster!

They look really good. More info for those that want to know....

The printer is a docucolor 250. Its a solid ink laser printer. I am not an expert with printers by any means but I have printed to a solid ink printer in the past and had horrible flaking problems. I never used fixative before but I am most certainly going to get some to spray on these before building.
  11. Chris,

More modern solid wax printers are much less prone to flaking and cracking, though for our purposes it still might not be the ideal method... on the other hand, you can't beat the gloss finish from wax, IMHO.

12. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I printed a lot of models on a HP color laser and had the flaking problems, but I always sprayed them liberally with Krylon clear acrylic before cutting.

Did they let you use your own card stock for the prints?
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes they did - I used wausau super bright 65 lb :D