Free-lanced Railroad Idea

TrainGuyRom

Hey! I just went on Google Video, and found a video with a brief veiw of a railroad I might be able to build someday. Right now I don't have the space, or money for it . I may have just enough skill for it but I don't know. Basicly, it is a loop with an enginehouse siding, a spur for extra cars, and a spur for a mine. here is the video:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=On30&hl=en&emb=1&aq=f#q=On30&hl=en&emb=1&aq=f&start=130

Sorry, the link doesn't seem to work. but anyway, I am interested in building a similar layout. I would scratch build all the rollingstock, kitbash a Bachmann 0-4-2T for motive power and great scenery.

I am getting away from myself. I probobly could not build this for a few more years, so right now it is just a dream.

nkp174

My computer doesn't like the link (it doesn't get along well with google videos).

The industrial applications for On30 stuff is pretty awesome.

I think a Hawaiian layout would be pretty cool. Over half of the real 30" gauge common carrier mileage in the US was on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai.

MidnightRR

You should subscribe to Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette.

Lots of coverage of prototypes and models of the kind of railroads you'd like to model.