Free Hawker Tempest Model

Z

Zathros

I found this on the Polish Model site Kartonwork.pl. The model is of exceptional quality. Incredible that something could gotten for free like this.

http://www.kartonwork.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14792

Download the 2 files below, one has a fuselage correction, the one that says errata:

Pobierz model - Hawker Tempest Mk. V
Errata - Hawker Tempest Mk. V

Temp1.jpg

Z

Zathros

There is a error in the tail section of this model. The designer corrected it, but did it wrong. After it was brought to his attention, he stopped posting, and never corrected it. It's kind of sad. He made this excellent model but, well, whatever.

The person who pointed this out (tome, and some others) is a very respected authority on these things. His response reads as follows. I have not asked permission to use his name so will not:

This is what was written " the correction messed up the airplane markings...
It should be W2-Y, not Y-W2, another issue is the location of the fuselage roundel - it should be symmetrical on both sides."

I am tempted to do a correction, but as of lately am too busy getting ready for what may be a bad Winter.

If you make this model, just be aware of the error. You may not want to spend the time and find out it is wrong. This is a complicated model. Not many people would want to start a model to find out it has the markings wrong. Lots of hours down the drain. Sorry!