Free download: Fairchild C-119G "Flying Boxcar" 1:72

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Bob43, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

Herewith, my final card model plane - the Fairchild C-119G "Flying Boxcar" at 1:72, with decals of the US Air Force. Can as usual be downloaded from my web site Free card model airplane sites . Don't worry about the ragged join fuselage-wings in the pictures, as well as the slightly crooked rear left fin - they have been corrected in the plans.
    At present, I have had enough of planes.
    Next projects: Fabergé eggs, sundial cubes from the Renaissance, and possibly also trains (the Swiss Rhätische Bahn, Krokodil etc), so if anyone can give me some initiation into these fields, I would be very grateful.
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

Thank you Bob. It has been a wonderful run of planes! The only one that caught my eye was the C-119, but they are all great.

3. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Page 5

Hello Bob,

Nice model again, but....
    there's always one: is page 5 correct.
    I get it in 4 quarters.:eek:

4. Bob43

Sorry Willem,
    The page in question has now been repaired.
  5. MAJOR

MAJOR Member

Bob, I only was pouring over 3-veiws of this aircraft this morning and considering it as a project. You have made my day.
    Many thanks. Please keep them coming.
    (I 'aint a great fan of eggs, unless they've wings)
  6. sakrison

sakrison Member

Thank you!! Your C-54, Shorts 360, and C-119 fill some notable gaps in the list of available paper models -- aircraft that I've been looking for. And they're free, to boot!

Well done! I look forward to your future projects, whatever they may be.

No worries,
  7. sakrison

sakrison Member

Sounds like fun. How about some samurai armor? :rolleyes:

For trains, you might consider wooden Pacific Electric Interurban cars. They were graceful works of art on rails and there are lots of scale drawings in print. (I can steer you to some sources if you like.)

A lot of the older American streetcars would make interesting subjects. Many of them were small enough to lend themselves to larger scale models--1/48 to 1/24.

No worries,

Attached Files:

8. Bob43

Thanks for all the nice mails - nice tram David, perhaps .....
  9. Janx

Janx Member

Stunning Models Bob Ty :)
  10. 57townsman

57townsman Member

WOW! I'd love to see an old Pacific Electric Red Car :mrgreen: If you need pics there's a partially restored one in Seal Beach. They use it as a museum :cool:

Great models, Bob. Thank you! Not enough civilian aircraft around yet :cry:

11. loadmat

loadmat Member

Great Designs! Any chance of a Neptune Firebomber or a LC-47H (R-4D-5L) on Skis.

12. loadmat

loadmat Member

Another thought for trains - There's a huge gap in 30's thru 50's Streamliners - Those graceful-swept forms that ran the rails of yester-year - they will work in 1:45 - 1:87 scale download-wise.
  13. Bob43

Great Designs! Any chance of a Neptune Firebomber or a LC-47H (R-4D-5L) on Skis."

I'll put the Neptune Firebomber in the 'Possibles', but at present I am working on trying to "de-pixelate" my designs, ie to produce flow lines without visible pixels. Any ideas on how? I use MSPaint and only Photoshop to custom rotate and to shade in stages.
  14. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Try learning - it's almost the same interface you're already used to.