Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Jan 31, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hey guys,

I was looking thru my plastic models and saw my F-89 scorpion which was a cold war era interceptor so i thought i would look it up on the net in google. Well, lo and behold I came across what I thought was the F-89 in another pic and upon further investigation....cause it didnt look right, i found this free download of the CF100 MK4 which is VERY similar to the scorpion. This even has the optional wingtip rocket pods. Anyway, check it out why dont ya. I downloaded it and will start assembly tomorrow after work (or maybe while at work lol). The Link Follows:

lemme know how it turns out for ya'll
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nice find...nice aircraft 8v)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

AVRO CF100 MK4

hey guys,

After looking thru the parts list of the avro, I noticed no canopy. I may be wrong, but if there isnt one. I am sure one can be easily made. I will attempt designing one using the instructions for my F-89 scorpion plastic kit, the planes are really so close with a few modifications the cf100 could easily be made into a f-89

4. McDon

McDon New Member

5. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

I built this model quite some time ago. If I recall, I was unhappy with my end results.
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I wasn't too pleased with my efforts with it either, but anytime I feel the need for a lesson in humility I take up the struggle with my own design of the Clunk.

7. McDon

McDon New Member

Rick, did you finish your own design or is it still a work in progress?

8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Clunk seems to be more a work in stasis, than one in progress. I have the fuselage and engines more or less roughed out, but the filet between the fuselage and wings is a real (insert name for a female dog here...). As I said, I pull it out and play with it from time to time, but lord knows if it will ever see the light of day.

9. McDon

McDon New Member

Here is my finished CF100 so you can see what it looks like. I am happy with the the model plans, just not my build skills. It is a bit hard distinguishing where to cut as the parts are not outlined and it has a light color wash look to most parts. Could be done much better than I did, no doubt.

Attached Files: